Would it really be that bad ?

Kbdrum88

There are absolutely no positives to going down, however the affect that this new money deal is going to have will be very interesting.

Clubs are just about to get a stupid amount of cash for merely staying in the league, but the thing is they are all going to get it. Premier League teams comparative wealth will stay the same within the league itself so Wigan, for example, will still be a much less wealthy club than Spurs, say. Obviously, what the new money will do is create the opportunity for a club like Wigan to go out and sign foreign talent that was previously out of their price range. But at the end of the season 3 teams will still be getting relegated.

I suspect that average wages for players with in the PL will shoot through the roof and within two or three seasons many clubs will not feel any real affects of this new deal... that is until they get relegated. I would say that getting relegated in two to three seasons time would actually be far worse and I can see some big clubs going to the wall off the back of this new money.

So lets just not get relegated. Ever.

Why would anyone actually think that going down could be good for the club ?

Our young players will not get valuable football experiance from playing teams like Hull and Millwall etc ( all due respect to any Hull or Millwall supporters reading this )

Apart from that we are a great club, one of the founder members of the football league and our place is, if not top of the league then at least in the top division.

Proud to be a Villa supporter.

Â