Video Playback Issues

maqroll

For the last several weeks, video playback on my computer has been laggy...the picture will freeze for two or three seconds while the audio continues, then the video will catch back up. The audio gets "crackly" too when this happens...

I downloaded the latest Flashplayer, ran anti-virus, cleared out cookies, emptied trash...still the problem exists.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

This is the only computer using my connection...can't say that I've detected any difference throughout the day.

I had a poor connection several months ago due to the actual cable outside my house, which was fixed.

For the last several weeks, video playback on my computer has been laggy...the picture will freeze for two or three seconds while the audio continues, then the video will catch back up. The audio gets "crackly" too when this happens...

I downloaded the latest Flashplayer, ran anti-virus, cleared out cookies, emptied trash...still the problem exists.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Run Onyx or a similar free utility, or via terminal cut and paste the following

sudo periodic daily weekly monthly
and then type your password (if asked to) you won't see the password as you type it, then press enter and wait for it to finsih then
 sudo diskutil repairpermissions

and ditto

might be easier to run onyx though, if you're nervous of terminal

Â