Need help urgently

villarule123

I'm amused by the constant calls to leave it to dry for days or weeks, but the persistance of the OP to keep turning it back on :D

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would act like this. I can't deal with all the uncertainty!

Guess what ?

As you have not let it dry out COMPLETLY the uncertainty is still there,you just dont realise it.

Go to your nearest hardware shop and buy a can of compressed air,it comes with a small hollow plastic tube.Take out the memory modules again and spray the air in there and anywhere else that could STILL hold moisture.

I'm amused by the constant calls to leave it to dry for days or weeks, but the persistance of the OP to keep turning it back on :D

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would act like this. I can't deal with all the uncertainty!

Guess what ?

As you have not let it dry out COMPLETLY the uncertainty is still there,you just dont realise it.

Go to your nearest hardware shop and buy a can of compressed air,it comes with a small hollow plastic tube.Take out the memory modules again and spray the air in there and anywhere else that could STILL hold moisture.

It's not the moisture that will kill it, it's the residue left behind when the moisture has gone.

By not giving it a good wash he's guaranteed there's a load of shite left behind that's going to be causing all sorts of shorts.

I'd give the laptop a life expectancy in the weeks if it doesn't get a decent cleaning unless he's VERY lucky.

Just opened the back of the laptop and took the RAM out and blew on it etc, it still beeps like this:

beep-beep.........beep-beep......... beep-beep

It does that 3 or 4 times while the fan is loud, then shuts down with nothing appearing on the screen. I'll ring Dell tomorroe but I'm shitting myself :(

Why do you keep turning it back on? It's not going to dry out in a couple of hours. I'd give it at least two or three days in somewhere warm like an airing cupboard.

Rev is spot on, it takes AGES to dry and it ends up working more times than not. Put it in an airing cupboard for at least 24 hours and more likely 48 hours.

I've left it to dry most of the time since it happened, it still works as normal although the keys on the keyboard feel a little sticky, and there is a slight smell at the side of the laptop. I can't work out what it is, might be the orange juice that is giving the smell, or sugar? It is not a proper burning smell, but it does concern me.

Can anyone recommend anyone in Birmingham that would clean the laptop out from top to bottom? I think it could save my laptop for definite if someone did a proper job on it.

I'm probably going to get it cleaned if possible, but it might also be worth getting it claimed on the house insurance, I did a quote with the claim in prospect added and it was about £10 more for the annual quote with the claim. Might be worth doing that if that's the case.

Â