A new dawn but it's still raining

miffa

Of course I'm relieved that McLeish has gone, god knows I can't remember the last time I endured a season sat amongst so many disgruntled fans. In fact the highlight of my bi-weekly visits to VP was the increasing amount of alcohol I was driven to drinking at the New Aston Social pre- match days. However I have just logged out of my Paddy Power account amazed at the discovery that Mick McCarthy is the odds on shout to replace the him! This must not happen, nothing against Mick personally, but surely this would be out of the fire and into furnace. The bookies don't always get it right....do they?

Of course I'm relieved that McLeish has gone, god knows I can't remember the last time I endured a season sat amongst so many disgruntled fans. In fact the highlight of my bi-weekly visits to VP was the increasing amount of alcohol I was driven to drinking at the New Aston Social pre- match days. However I have just logged out of my Paddy Power account amazed at the discovery that Mick McCarthy is the odds on shout to replace the him! This must not happen, nothing against Mick personally, but surely this would be out of the fire and into furnace. The bookies don't always get it right....do they?

The odds are swayed by bets. Talksport mentioned him earlier today and instantly people starting betting. They only mentioned him to bait Villa fans into phoning in and it worked.. We are still looking into Lambert and Martinez and given that one or the other will probably accept that will be the end of it.

manager markets are very volatile. all it needs is a couple of £20 bets on a rank outside to shorten his odds, then you'll have people seeing the odds coming in, thinking that something is happening and backing it, bringing the odds in more

sure at one point half of europe was favourite to take over from houllier. pay it no attention at all

manager markets are very volatile. all it needs is a couple of £20 bets on a rank outside to shorten his odds, then you'll have people seeing the odds coming in, thinking that something is happening and backing it, bringing the odds in more

sure at one point half of europe was favourite to take over from houllier. pay it no attention at all

Well that never worked for me when I put my tenner on Demattio at 20/1!

Now that would be something if Chelsea let him go after winning the FA cup and the Champions leauge (which he won't of course)

It probably would have if you had placed it on Di Matteo instead :winkold:

I wouldn't be too concerned with getting McCarthy. I mean, I know confidence in the board isn't high but Faulkner spoke out today and outlined what we were looking for, chiefly a young manager who can build something here long term and McCarthy doesn't fit the profile.

I would go as far as to say he's not even being considered in the slightest so no worries.

The odds are swayed by bets. Talksport mentioned him earlier today and instantly people starting betting.

You are probably right.

But isn't that an immemnsely depressing thought?

Talksport mention a no-hope failed manager in connection with the Villa job and people immediately start betting on him?

That doesn't raise my opinion of the betting community very much, nor of the Talksport audience.

Â