Advice needed: Help me stop/cut down the beer...

villanmike

i've found stopping drinking altogether in our culture to be rather trying. sitting in a pub sipping coke on st patricks day for example, was testing. the problem is the default position for people to be in come the weekend is to go out for a few drinks etc so the temptation is always there. my advice is to get a hobby that you can engage others n so you don't need to go to the pub all the time, and something that will occupy you during the week.

i suggest sexual deviancy. or like, join a cult/engage in environmentalism.

My problem is I love being social, I have a lot of good friends and I like to keep them happy...but it seems to be killing me slowly!

I certainly don't feel addicted to beer, just enjoying it a little to much and now stuck in that bad habbit mode!

I am registering for the local gym today, I am determined to put this beer to shame, I will however drink during the weekend - just the one night a week can't be bad?

A big thanks for all the advice you have given me!

My problem is I love being social, I have a lot of good friends and I like to keep them happy...but it seems to be killing me slowly!

I certainly don't feel addicted to beer, just enjoying it a little to much and now stuck in that bad habbit mode!

I am registering for the local gym today, I am determined to put this beer to shame, I will however drink during the weekend - just the one night a week can't be bad?

A big thanks for all the advice you have given me!

Sound like you're in a social circle which involves a lot of drinking. I was in a similar situation a few years back. Their sessions on a Saturday started earlier and earlier until they were in the Globe in Tamworth for breakfast every Saturday. I would go out and do my own thing in the daytime then meet up with them about 8 - 9 on the night.

If you are in a similar situation, give this a go. You will become tired of their bullshit quickly and find other friends who are more social.

Trust me, it will happen...

A good little tip is arrive late and leave early to drinking events
The first part is easier than the second part.

It is and sometimes it can come across a bit rude as I've often gone for a piss and kept walking if I felt a big session was on the cards and I didn't want to be part of it

Sometimes that's the only way, just disappear

Â