Relocation due to work

Xela

Friends of mine moved down to Torbay a fair while ago now, they would never come back and I love to go down to see them, which I do regularly! - thinking of joining them down there eventually - or maybe somewhere else by the seaside - just know I can' t spend the rest of my life in Brum!

Friends of mine moved down to Torbay a fair while ago now, they would never come back and I love to go down to see them, which I do regularly! - thinking of joining them down there eventually - or maybe somewhere else by the seaside
All Quiet on the Weston Front

Weston.jpg

I relocated from Brum to London for work about 18 months ago, which meant my boyfriend moving jobs as well (he's a teacher). Salary-wise, it was a great move - although things are more expensive down here, the salary increase more than makes up for it. We've now moved out to St Albans, so have the benefit of London being 20 mins on the train, but without feeling too claustrophobic. It also means I can get back up to Brum for the Villa every other week. We kept our house in Sutton and rent it out.

It was quite a big decision to make as we didn't really know anyone here, but I'd say go for it. You can easily make friends through work, sports clubs etc (join the Villa Lions club if there's one near you), and if it doesn't work out, you've not really lost anything but at least given it a go.

General consensus seems to be positive! I've gone for a promotion at work... 90 applied and down to the last 10 or so and I'm still in the mix. I'd like to think i've got a shout but I still class myself as the rank outsider judging by the competition I am up against. The new job would be as a BDM covering the patch from Woking to Southampton (but including Reading). Basically the M3 corridor. Was looking at properties in Southampton just as a guide.

Its not as though I have a storming social life during the week due to the long hours I work. I only usually get to see my mates at weekends now so that wouldn't change if I moved. The more I think about it, the more it appeals to me.

Â