Roma

theunderstudy

Flying to Italia this Sunday, and will be visiting Roma. Can anyone recommend anything/anywhere in the city? Obviously I want to visit Castel Sant'Angelo and Colliseum etc. Any more places worthy a visit?

Ta.

One of my favourite cities!!

Go to the Vatican. Amazing place especially the tombs. Normall tourist spots Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps etc.

Don't go to the football ground unless a game is on, nothing there not even a club shop.

I loved the Piazza Navona in the evening. Try the chocolate truffle ice cream arount there. It is called Tartufi or Tartufo or something similar....

As per the above.

Also, if you have the time, just get a tourist map and wander about - there's so much stuff knocking around you can walk for hours.

Some good places for food etc on la Scala in Trastevere district - maybe a tad cheaper than right in the centre.

Roma FC shop is in the city centre

Do the night walking tour if you can , they took us off the beaten track to sone superb places that we would have missed ,We booked it at the Colosseum with the people that we did that tour with ,

Also did a pub crawl with them , was free for me as it was my birthday but it sure got messy :-)

Â