Away Travel Advice

jat_r

Never been to an away game before and this is my first so just wanted some advice! I'm driving down as I'm planning on going to the Trafford Centre and etc and have a look around Manchester. Can anyone recommend me anywhere to park? Are there plenty of places around there?

Also am I going to be alright wearing my Villa top & scarf & etc? May seem like a stupid question but never been to an away game before and just wanna be sure they are alright up there lol

Thanks

There are car parks around the ground charging a few quid. Last season we parked in one fairly close.

I'll be driving as well but will be on my own this time. With regards to colours, you should be ok. Although if we lose expect to get verbal from cocky, arrogant mancs. We did last year. Not sure what's worse, cocky mancs or cocky cockney's! On the other hand we did find reasonable Citeh fans before the game to have a chat to.

You also have to consider the rare possibility of we beat them, your walking around Manchester in CAB? All it would take is for one local prick to give you some stick and you might not fancy another away game again. You will find 99% of home fans are fine though while outside the stadium and will have a good chat with you. I Do the sensible thing and cover up while Im outside the stadium, uncover while in :)

Theres no shame in keeping safe mate.

Thanks a lot guys! I've been to good number of games at Villa Park and never seen any trouble. I've ended up walking back to my car with away fans plenty of times! Just when I went to the sha game at VP and there was all that trouble, made me just think I don't really know much about going to away games so was best to ask!

I was thinkin of parking in town and then making my way to the CoMS from there. Is there a train you can hop on like NewStreet-Witton? Or any other ways of gettin there.
No trains but they run special football buses from piccadilly gardens in the centre. and the same back after the match.

Â