Short break New York

The_Lions_Roar

think it would take a long time to get bored of the place.

I'd die of obesity before I got bored of New York

Often wondered how long i'd have to live there before i got bored of eating goldfish bowl size portions of Ice cream from Serendipity ?

The food....

The meat, huge amounts, piled up, ribs, beef bisket, pulled chicken...

The pancakes and bacon for breakfast

The burgers

The choice for lunch snacks in grand central basement

The shreaded onions with seasoning

The cheese cakes

I could go on and on ....

Looking at having a short break in new york for our honeymoon next october. Looking at 4 nights, staying somewhere central.

Best deal ive found so far is £900 each!

Is this a typical price for a decent hotel and flight to new york?

Any website recommendations for good deals?

We got 9 nights for £1100 each in August, but hotel hadn't opened when we booked so there were special deals.

Can only tell me what this hotel is like in terms of location for all the touristy things!

Clicky

Just don't take your cat with you as there wont be enough room to swing him around with the size of those hotel rooms :-)

That's ok then, i don't plan to go to NY and sit in my hotel room, it'll be for sleeping. Of course it still has to look nice for the missus!

Location is right in middle of everything, will be manic outside at all hours, but thats what NYC is about!

Perfect :lol:

I don't think we expect it to be quiet, particularly when there's a dj set at the hotel 5 nights a week.

I particularly like the free apples on arrival!

Is it worth doing 4 nights or is 3 enough to see the main attractions?

Depends what you want to see and if you want to rest at any point.

Spent 9 nights there in the summer and would go back in the morning, think it would take a long time to get bored of the place.

New York is one of those cities where you can just get a table by the window of a restaurant/bar/cafe/whatever and get a day's entertainment.

• 3 months later...
Clicky

Still not booked this trip! Whats this hotel like in terms of location?

Thanks

Next to all the shops.

Grand central means excellent transport links and great place for lunch.

Only 5 min walk from times square madness

Sounds good to me. I take it there will be a good choice of places to eat around there? And central to for walking to the usual tourist stuff?

The basement of grand central station is a big food place.

Hotel is a mile at most to times square, right next to shops on Maddison avenue and 5th avenue.

Subway station right next to you which will bring you to any attraction you want cheaply.

Clicky

Still not booked this trip! Whats this hotel like in terms of location?

Thanks

Looks nice and a short walk from my favourite place in new York

Mmmmmmmmmmm Steak

though i'm sure a few heathens will tell you that there are better Steak Houses in NYC :winkold:

Am I the only one who can't help go to Grand Central station and just think of this

Grand Central

Â