"Prepared" for Fulham, the best away trip

Archie

There were as many Fulham fans watching us instead of the game.

Shoes off if you love Villa

We started the shoes off chant but never expected it to spread across pretty much the whole away end, that was something else!

Now why can't we be like this at home?

A win would have topped off THE perfect away day.

Because the 8 bells was **** brilliant before the game and the atmosphere inside the ground from our fans was SECOND TO NONE. If we were that loud every game we'd be the best fans in this league by a country mile.

Although I was not impressed with those beer serving rocket polishers at half time who took people's money and then said "we have no beer left" and then proceeded to throw a bottle of mustard at one Villa lad. What tossers!

Tossers would not let us in the eight bells, because to many were already in there. Somebody walked out, and we said theres room now, but the twatty bouncers were happy at being clearings in the woods.

No hard feelings though, since we had a good time in the two pubs just down the road, so **** them 8)

Yeah we had a job getting in. Three of us rolled up and were told there was no room. 30 seconds later a lad walks straight past us and in without being stopped :lol:

But when we did get in it was worth it! "Sit down - if you love Villa" (and the whole pub sits on the beer stained carpets) :)

As been said before but that certainly lived upto its billing.

Absolutely brilliant day until that **** equaliser. Support was brilliant. I was at back of stand and had a great view of the 'shoes off' it was brilliant. pretty unique I think and something we should do more often away from home.

My mate tried to go for jeans off if you love villa but the stewards stopped us just as I had my trousers round my knees. However the steward did act with a great deal common sense and good nature maybe we should get him a job down VP.

Common lads we need to create that sought of atmosphere down VP

GREAT away day, and my first trip to Fulham after years of saying i'd go.

Our fans were in good voice but my lasting impression of this particular away day will be of how many bellends we actually have amongst our support.

Not trouble makers, just gobshites of the highest order.

Our seats were pretty near the front/corner flag and we had to put up with a vast amount of complete rocket polishers around us. The kind you'd instantly label clearings in the woods if they were from another club. I'm sure you know the type.

All big talk, macho posturing with humungous gobs on em. As is getting sadly predictable, they're all way too old to be acting the clearing in the woods too.

There's something incredibly sad about looking at a middle aged bloke, standing alone, purple training shirt on loudly claiming to anyone that will listen that he's had '3' pints and is 'pissed' (the mind boggles) and singing alone any old random shit at the top of his voice for nothing but his own ears. The bloke was about as amusing as a blood stool and the only laughs he was getting were of the 'at you' not with you variety but still he ploughed on alone with his 'songs'. We just looked on and felt embarassed for the bloke.

Then there was an incident when a Fulham player sent Ashley flying near the corner flag, que a few boneheads running down steps in comedy menacing fashion towards the pitch as if they were going to do something only for them to stand at the edge in comedy 'hold me back' fashion with face grimaces and looking like prize **** bellends. They were about as menacing as Boyzone and the stewards just rolled their eyes at the scene.

But even those couldn't spoil a great away day (last seconds apart)

Our fans were in good voice but my lasting impression of this particular away day will be of how many bellends we actually have amongst our support.

Our seats were pretty near the front/corner flag and we had to put up with a vast amount of complete rocket polishers around us. The kind you'd instantly label clearings in the woods if they were from another club. I'm sure you know the type.

All big talk, macho posturing with humungous gobs on em. As is getting sadly predictable, they're all way too old to be acting the clearing in the woods too.

There's something incredibly sad about looking at a middle aged bloke, standing alone, purple training shirt on loudly claiming to anyone that will listen that he's had '3' pints and is 'pissed' (the mind boggles) and singing alone any old random shit at the top of his voice for nothing but his own ears. The bloke was about as amusing as a blood stool and the only laughs he was getting were of the 'at you' not with you variety but still he ploughed on alone with his 'songs'. We just looked on and felt embarassed for the bloke.

Then there was an incident when a Fulham player sent Ashley flying near the corner flag, que a few boneheads running down steps in comedy menacing fashion towards the pitch as if they were going to do something only for them to stand at the edge in comedy 'hold me back' fashion with face grimaces and looking like prize **** bellends. They were about as menacing as Boyzone and the stewards just rolled their eyes at the scene.

Each to their own, Ulver.

What matters is, that you enjoyed it and had a good crack 8)

this made me laugh. tbh though i love those kind of blokes at football, wouldnt be the same without them, especially on away days.

Ulver

Firstly let me say I agree totally about the Tracy Andrews thing. Much as i hate that club that song does not belong on the terraces at Villa park. It only brings us down to the level they've been at for years!!

However that said i do think you should change your user name from Ulver to Vulva cos you need to remember that its a football match your at not f***in wimbledon!!!

I'm a middle aged bloke, I was there Saturday & i was as drunk as a skunk (tbf i'd had a lot more than three though), I was stood on my seat most of the game singing old great songs that need to be sung more regular, at one point i had my trousers off singing "jeans off if you love Villa" & got absolutely slaughtered by those around me about the size of my knob. And do you know what I HAD A BLOODY BRILLIANT DAY OUT!!

The atmosphere Saturday remided me of how it used to be years ago before all seating & over zealous stewarding stopped 'fun days' out at the match.

There was not a hint of trouble despite the crowd around me looking like Alcoholics Anonymous had decided "**** the wagon lets go on a piss up".

And fair play to the stewards in P7 who handled it all with good humour!!

Vulva - if you don't like drunks, singing, bad language or middle aged men don't go to the match!! Spend your Saturdays in a health spa getting your vagina waxed!!

UTV & Lets have more away days like Saturday!!!

Ulver

Firstly let me say I agree totally about the Tracy Andrews thing. Much as i hate that club that song does not belong on the terraces at Villa park. It only brings us down to the level they've been at for years!!

However that said i do think you should change your user name from Ulver to Vulva cos you need to remember that its a football match your at not f***in wimbledon!!!

I'm a middle aged bloke, I was there Saturday & i was as drunk as a skunk (tbf i'd had a lot more than three though), I was stood on my seat most of the game singing old great songs that need to be sung more regular, at one point i had my trousers off singing "jeans off if you love Villa" & got absolutely slaughtered by those around me about the size of my knob. And do you know what I HAD A BLOODY BRILLIANT DAY OUT!!

The atmosphere Saturday remided me of how it used to be years ago before all seating & over zealous stewarding stopped 'fun days' out at the match.

There was not a hint of trouble despite the crowd around me looking like Alcoholics Anonymous had decided "**** the wagon lets go on a piss up".

And fair play to the stewards in P7 who handled it all with good humour!!

Vulva - if you don't like drunks, singing, bad language or middle aged men don't go to the match!! Spend your Saturdays in a health spa getting your vagina waxed!!

UTV & Lets have more away days like Saturday!!!

Glad you put this mate as it saved my fingers typing it all out as I'm raging !!

As much as you (Ulver) hate the fans you criticise in your post there are many that dislike fans like you. IMO Fcking moaners who turn up with a flask and the Mrs in toe who knows sod all about footabll. I've no doubt you try to encourage a gang of lads out of town on the piss watching there beloved football team on a Sat,Sun afternoon to sit down because you can't see the pitch.

You need to grow a pair mate. Football is a passion as well as a damm good day out when your away from home at in another City. Emotions run high when needed and laughs a plenty when not - that's the fun of away days. When Duff slammed Ashley into the corner flag everyone with 100ft of me wanted to get on the pitch and throttle the little pikey - But of course.. in a football fan type of way. Only 20 mins before that incident the whole away was in fits of laughter at the shoes off banter.

I assume you found both incidents utterly disgusting and wont be attending any more away games this season ? With any luck !!

With these sorts of opinions you wont find many friends within the AVFC brotherhood and would be better of supporting the likes of Fulham who's fans are emotionless, boring middle class zombies.

Any songs relating to Tracey Andrews are pretty nasty and entirely innappropriate but i have to admit that i sing them and i've sung worse. You'd never glorify murderes in normal life but this is Football, it's almost like an art form in the fact that you can get away with almost anything that winds up the opposition supporters.

Â