Stockholm

Zatman

HI.

Has anybody been there? What is it like as going in December. Have been Sweden many times but never here. How cold does it get in December.

Also Villa are playing Baggies when there. Anybody know a sports abr that will show game. Preferably not Oirish bar.

Thanks

Yes .. but not in December but I should imagine cold would be a word you could use ( I've been there in Feb Brrrrrr)

Wasn't taken with the place tbh , crap food , over priced beer but some of the clubs were pretty decent and I did see the best street brawl of my life whilst getting my 5am post club kebab

If you like your museums and stuff then there are some decent ones there , the boat that sunk in the harbour and they restored is worth going to see ( vasa museum or something ?)

Oh and you can buy a chocolate bar there called Plopp which appealed to the juvenile side of me :-)

plop

Ignore Tony :-) - S'holm is actually a good place and if you know where to go the beer and the food are fine.

As for December it's wet - cold if that makes sense. There are various bars that you can watch football, now I know you say not a Irish bar but there are some called O'leary's that I have often watched a game or two in. It depends where in Stockholm you will be staying, its a lot bigger than you first think.

Try and get some time walking around the old town and if you like Whiskey I know a damn fine bar nr to the Hilton

meh Drats not used to travel and still gets excited easily :-)

Got to take in their changing of the guard ceremony , that was actually OK as were some of the museums as I previously said but but seriously you'd be hard pushed to rate it in a top 10 of places to visit and the best bit of Stockholm is the departure lounge of the airport :-)

Thanks guys. Ive been Sweden before but never here but thanks for advice and ill see what its like.

Ive been to O'Learys in Gothenburg before they showed football. Think it was American franchise not Irish :)

Im staying in Sodermalm region but not sure where my friends live there so more than likely will go most areas.

I do like my whiskey so will give it a look

There is a bar on the corner of ringvagen and gotgaten just above the Skanstull T-bana station in Sodermalm that I have watched football in before, decent beer and atmosphere but they probably won't chose the Villa West Brom game to show.

I think the Swedish Villa fan club meet at a pub in the old town but you'd have to ask one of them where exactly it is.

For non football bars I recommend "Cliff Barnes" which is actually a resteraunt until about 10.30 when the music cranks up and people start dancing on the tables in a very un Swedish manner and "Olsson's Skor" (free popcorn and open late!). Both are in the north side up near the national library.

The old tax office on Sodermalm has been converted into accommodation with a resteraunt and bar on the top floor. It is probably the best view of the city in Stockholm but drinks cost a bomb so it is more a case of have one, look at the view then get out.

If you have friends who live there they will probably show you places though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Â