Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an ex-Villa whore as well.

Delfouneso is out on loan at the moment.

Luke Young played 18 months for me whilst Naughton kept rejecting me

Bannan played REALLY well in my first season, I got £3m for him and replaced him with Gardner who has been fantastic (would love to know his CA/PA in game)

Routledge was another who I had for 12 months

Luke Moore had 18 months with me

Nathan Baker had 2 years with me

I'm a right Villa whore.

Gggrrrr... player of mine wants to move to a bigger club, fine. I put him in reserves, man city become interested and Adam Johnson has 9 months left so I offer my player in P/Ex and Adam Johnson wants to come but my player rejects top of the league Man City.

I'm managing Mansfield. Got rid of all but one player before the start of the second season (after finishing 5th in my first) and improved the squad quite a bit. Got the younger James Collins from Villa several others. Ended up with a reasonably talented yet very young squad, but did have a very good pre-season. However, I had a terrible start to the campaign, only managing four points from my first six matches. I assume it's because the new team needed time to gel. Picked up form and finished fourth but, as I said, got knocked out at exactly the same stage by the same team.

I'm picking up a few players now before the next season, and hopefully letting a few go. Don't want to change things too much though and risk having a similar start to last time!

I'd like to improve my coaching setup etc, but don't want to take a significant chunk out of my wage budget by spending it on coaching staff etc. I'm hoping the funds will be there to do that if I ever get promoted!

Nice :)

Hope you have more success, have to admit you do need to let the team gel, in my first season in the prem I bought in more quality and I struggled for around 3 months and then suddenly it all kicked in. Keep us updated :)

The ones with blue dots pretty much made up my first team, big changes.

24c7cr9.jpg

Gggrrrr... player of mine wants to move to a bigger club, fine. I put him in reserves, man city become interested and Adam Johnson has 9 months left so I offer my player in P/Ex and Adam Johnson wants to come but my player rejects top of the league Man City.

Tried it another two times and he rejected both times, so I have now made a financial offer for AJ. I then offered said player out to all teams again, Man City bid, I accept (although presume he will reject) and he... accepts the offer.

Serious WTF there!

Exactly that, box to box, infact his stats have dropped recently as he was out for a few months, but only a little. He plays in a 3 man midfield, him box to box, Cattermole defensive and I rotate the other position depending on who we play but usually a deep playmaker.

Anybody about 5/6 years in able to get me a screen-shot of Nick Powell? He seems to have become a decent player for me and after looking him up he is a good prospect in real life too (although is a striker in real life and an AM in my game) just wondered how he turns out in other games, can anybody look for me?

this Nick Powell?

nickpowell.jpg

that's just under 5 seasons in on my Villa game. scout says he has the potential to become 'a good premier league central midfielder'.

over half way into my first season with Bradford now, doing fairly well, 2nd in the league but with a game in hand. Louis Moult (who had 19 goals), Nathan Baker, and Jorge Pulido have all returned to their respective clubs though and have then been sold to other clubs so I can't take them back on loan and I've only managed 1 point from 3 games since. got offered a few decent players on free transfers in Jan though:

bradfordtransfers.jpg

Joe Dudgeon and Danny Batth both valued at £250,000 and on relatively low wages, so even if they turn out to be useless I should still be able to sell them on for a profit.

Â