Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my God it is only on the 20th Jan we appointed them, thought is was much longer !!!!

I didnt need to look it up, it was after £lies announced his patience was running out with the Comers, we had the "takeover will be done by xmas, new year, due diligence fiascos first then we announced the Rothschild appoinments, just goes to show three months is a long long time in the history of the Villa or so it seems :)

yep just stalling, to take the pressure off and has it not worked, I wonder though who advised him to do that ???

doubt it was Ellis, hate to think it was Petchey ....

Do you ever get bored with going over the same stuff time and time again??

yep just stalling, to take the pressure off and has it not worked, I wonder though who advised him to do that ???

Ah constructive debate at its best

No I don't because I believe everything at teh club stems from the standards set by Ellis and his whole presence at teh club. All companies reflect the leadership at the top and at Villa this is totally true.

Why should he have you not seen any of the too numerous O'leary must go threads.

No.

Must have selective eyesight.

Why should he have you not seen any of the too numerous O'leary must go threads.

Not nearly enough in my opinion.

Is it possible that with the club getting into more financial difficulties daily is it likely that Ellis will be selling off assets in a panic situation to pay bills. The failure of the Siemens Asda sale must have put his plans backwards and possibly upped the price of his shares to anyone wishing to take over, just to ensure he can clear off the clubs debts so its not seen how big a pussy he's been.

Surely as the AGM approaches, the financial pressure via the years accounts will make his hanging on less tenuable so he has to come up with a compromise somewhere, could it be Petchey, that;s how he got into Watford via Graham Taylor, could it happen again.

Is it possible that with the club getting into more financial difficulties daily is it likely that Ellis will be selling off assets in a panic situation to pay bills. The failure of the Siemens Asda sale must have put his plans backwards and possibly upped the price of his shares to anyone wishing to take over, just to ensure he can clear off the clubs debts so its not seen how big a pussy he's been.

Surely as the AGM approaches, the financial pressure via the years accounts will make his hanging on less tenuable so he has to come up with a compromise somewhere, could it be Petchey, that;s how he got into Watford via Graham Taylor, could it happen again.

From the Mail's article it is clear the only future plans are that Ellis has not sold and will not in the short/meduim term.

The full year reports will be horrible, especially with lower prize money, a slightly increased wage bill, much lower attendances etc.

As to the land without planning permission it is worthless and the Siemens site can onbly be used for industrial purposes and the Asda site is up int he air.

Please can we all remember the training ground has been postponed as we can not afford that because of no cash and obviously we have no credit lines.

and Malc as to the Petchey point, he is playing a game but what it is, it is not clear is it ???

Is he waiting for Ellis to die and then play his game ?

Apparently he wqas angry the Ranson bid was turned down but we have heard nothing.

Is he plying the pressure behind the scenes ?

Not nearly enough in my opinion.

What's that word..............Hypocrite, yes that's it, could you give me its definition please 100% villan

Hypocrisy is the act of pretending to have morals or virtues that one does not truly possess or practice. The word derives from the late Latin hypocrisis and Greek hupokrisis both meaning play-acting or pretence. The word is arguably derived from hypo- meaning under, + krinein meaning to decide/to dispute. A classic example of a hypocritical act is to denounce another for carrying out some action while carrying out the same action oneself.

The term hypocrisy is also commonly used in a way which should be more specifically termed a double standard, bias, or inconsistency. An example would be when one honestly believes that one group of individuals should be held to a different set of morals than another group.

Hypocrisy also refers to the act of criticizing others for behavior which one engages in as well, or in other words, not practicing what you preach. Some people believe that most, if not all people are hypocrites since we constantly criticize what we deem to be bad behavior, even though most people do bad things at some point in their lives.

FFS there are a few rocket polishers as well but lets not worry about people expressing an opinion lets just slag them off..... thats typical of some on here too!

time to bring up an old favourite again ...

but anyone noticed the share price is slowly drifting down. Now whilst a 12p drop in three days is nothing to write about, but sudeendly we have seen a few share trades of a 1,000 and all sales after a month of nothing, doubt it means **** all ....

The financial situation at the club is getting worse as we already know but selling off the catering department to get a quick cash injection doesnt seem to me the actions of a man about to sell the club. Rothschild must be costing a small fortune for no return. OUR money being wasted by the board, at Christmas I feared the worst now it seems to be beyond repair. Season tickets prices are frozen in the hope we will all rush out and buy one,how can we when we are so unsure of the future. How is this once great club in such financial mess?? Would be interesting to hear Bruce Langhams views now he has finished his garden leave or did he sign a gagging order for tens of thousands as well???