Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I am still confused about one thing who exactly is making the descions to sack players and curtail the spending because Ellis isn't ??

I wonder Ian, is someone making these decisions based on tablets of stone that are labelled "How to continue the destruction of AVFC" that were etched out from what remained of The Trinity Road Stand by the man himself after he had that pulled down and come with the instructions "only to be used following my death or upon my being incapacitated by my chosen sychophants"?

I'm sure rothschild are being adequately paid for what they've been asked to do.

but didn't I get told that Rothschilds only gets paid on comission and this surely can only be forthcoming on a takeover.

we will probably not know about it eh ???

Rothschild do lots of different types of work and negotiate separate agreements with each of their clients. I am sure in the past they may have taken on work for some people on a no-sale, no-fee basis. But I am sure that is the exception and not the norm (and that those clients "wanted" to sell).

Would anyone take on an unachievable job only to be paid on success?

If they have been appointed merely to act as the company's broker and to advise. You don't get paid commission to advise.

Villa, in a statement to the Stock Exchange, report said: "The Board of Aston Villa has with immediate effect appointed Rothschild to act as financial adviser to help it determine the best strategy for the future.

No commission in that

"This includes, amongst other strategies, seeking a possible acquirer for the company."

Sounds to me that they are more likely to be getting a nice hefty fee for advising cuddly that he's asking too much and there's no on who will buy at that price.

Surely, if that's the case as with an Estate Agent, it is in their interests to find a buyer for the club.

As a professional outfit, I'm sure Rothers are performing the job they have been asked to do. It's now over three months since they were appointed and not a pip squeak from anyone about anything. Of course the yeh-sayers will be saying that it's all heavily secret and will only become public now that we are 'safe' from relegation. Because we all know cuddly always tells the truth.

*take with a pinch of salt if you want to*

Bumped into someone i know at villa who untill a few weeks ago had a match day job at villa park. (I assume hes stopped now as he has his exams comming up). He told me that it had all gone to shit at villa park and that the stewards hadnt been paid for weeks. He said that if you really pressured villa for the pay, then they would eventually pay up. He thinks that Ellis is going to sell and leave the owners with the responsibility of paying them.

Ok so i doubt his takeover speculation about the pay is correct but im a fair bit worried if we arent paying the stewards on time! Does anyone else have any info on this for anyone they know who is a steward?

I trust the bloke who told me not to make up a load of shite as well. It its actually true then maybe we are in more financial shit than we thought.

my maye who is a steward said that a lot of stewards are thinking of packing up because of some 'money issues' which had not affected him. I think the issue is more to do with the 'professional' stewards who go for the pay and not because they want to watch a game for free.

It does fit the same pattern of a company with no money and all the issues that surrond this including low morale and sackings.

Cashflow. Why we couldn't pay bakke, and rushed through cheap kit deal and shirt sponsorship agreements.

When the cheque from that nice mr murdoch arrives we'll be able to pay the cleaners etc. No doubt cuddly will also graciously forgo any dividend payment from his succesfully run business again this year.

Can't see much has changed from when the interim six month accounts were issued and didn't Richard suggest they were ok.

Maybe that's why the takeover groups have stopped still they are waiting for us to go belly up like Leeds, O'leary having spent so much on players what is it now, more than any other Villa manager?

No matter what he has to spend he is not fit to manage Aston Villa!...... and maybe the 'takeover' is delayed whilst they play Russian Roulette over who is going to get rid of the clearing in the woods, Doug or will he leave it to them?

Den, is there any takeover ?

any parties interested ?

Watch now that West Ham have got to the final and watch them get taken over as Pompey did and others might ...

where is ours ?

Not any indication from within as to what is happening, if anything. See out Norwegians have now been linked to Liverplop....... wonder why they would rather spend £200m rather than £50m?