Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

PB, this shopuld be good enough

Football fans may be interested to learn that if (as expected) Arsenal football club chooses to list on the stock exchange, Rothschild is likely to be its advisor. The bank has represented the club on every capital markets deal it has done for the past four years.

UK M&A

January to December 2005 - by value

US$bn No

1. Citigroup 174.3 60

2. Rothschild 157.0 116

3. Deutsche Bank 146.6 43

4. Morgan Stanley 104.4 65

5. ABN AMRO 102.8 28

6. JP Morgan 97.7 76

7. Goldman Sachs 93.9 55

they dealt with the Glaizer takeover at Maan Ure

lazer should be thanking NM Rothschild who replaced JP Morgan as his advisers at the beginning of the year. Instead of using the United balance sheet to leverage the borrowings required for a £790m purchase, Rothschild constructed an arrangement that used the Glazer family's existing 29 per cent United stake as collateral. Rothschild had to convince the banks financing the deal - including JP Morgan - to keep their backing in place, in spite of not being able to provide any guarantee that the tycoon would be able to lift his stake to 75 per cent.

so in summary they are one of the top companies in mergers and aquisitions and as the Man Ure deal proved they can get any difficult deal through

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comers offered a figure to buy.

Doug says 'show us the money'

Doug now says 'What they offered was acceptable but they haven't come up with the cash'

Villa now employ Rothschilds to discuss them searching out someone prepared to pay what Doug thinks is acceptable.

Maybe Comers will now come forward...... maybe they won't

How about

Comers offer a package that values the club at what the city says its worth

Clubs advisors suggest the Board accept

The other major shareholders suggest the board should accept

The Chairman says its not the value package he thinks the club is worth.

The comers ask for further clarification of certain valuations to justify their stance

Ellis tries to delay the provision of this information, but fails

A meeting is arranged with all parties present and the Comers suggest a certain action.

Ellis is then involved in 3 days of discussions and Rothchilds are asked again, to provide suitable buyers based on the new appraisal of the club forcing Ellis effectively out of the club.

Now you might be able to guess why there is a moritorium on expenditure and why the Mail were able to post what they did, they know there will be no comeback from Ellis

There's more to come too

To date the Board is not aware that AVIL has performed detailed due diligence on

Aston Villa and has not been provided with evidence of AVIL's financial ability

to proceed with an acquisition.

"The Takeover" is over. Dead. Schnukt. Gone. No more.

Give the thread a quiet burial.

Comers offered a figure to buy.

Doug says 'show us the money'

Doug now says 'What they offered was acceptable but they haven't come up with the cash'

Villa now employ Rothschilds to discuss them searching out someone prepared to pay what Doug thinks is acceptable.

Maybe Comers will now come forward...... maybe they won't

How about

Comers offer a package that values the club at what the city says its worth

Clubs advisors suggest the Board accept

The other major shareholders suggest the board should accept

The Chairman says its not the value package he thinks the club is worth.

The comers ask for further clarification of certain valuations to justify their stance

Ellis tries to delay the provision of this information, but fails

A meeting is arranged with all parties present and the Comers suggest a certain action.

Ellis is then involved in 3 days of discussions and Rothchilds are asked again, to provide suitable buyers based on the new appraisal of the club forcing Ellis effectively out of the club.

Now you might be able to guess why there is a moritorium on expenditure and why the Mail were able to post what they did, they know there will be no comeback from Ellis

There's more to come too

all i will say Malc is that as usual you have been proved right whilst other are made to look like fools.

what you post seems correct it tiess in wwith what I posted about the Mail and the faact Stride has started to sspeak (when usually he is only allowed when maaster is not there) just all speaks volumes.

The Board of Aston Villa has with immediate effect appointed Rothschild to act

as financial adviser to help it determine the best strategy for the future of

Aston Villa.

So if you are right Malc is this statement inaccurate?

If Rothschilds have already been involved who were they working for and what were they doing?

To date the Board is not aware that AVIL has performed detailed due diligence on Aston Villa

Does that not say that this takeover approach has not entered a due diligience phase?

Am I missing something? Has it taken 12 weeks for them to offer a price and doug to say no? And if there is already someone waiting in the wings to offer, why hire another merchant bank to find a buyer?

Please let this be done quickly, (Rothchilds) these boys do not come cheap. Investment banks make serious money, and whether the current plc, or the Comers end up paying, I guess it is money out of the club.

When I first read the statement I immidiately though 'oh thats it, the takover is as dead as dead thing' but im trying the read between the line here and maybe the appointment of a financial advisor is a good thing.

This advisor will be able to handle the sale of AVFC meaning that either this one is close to going through OR Dougie is proactivly searching for someone to buy him out - something we all want.

This thing that I dont understand is why the appointment now, why not before christmas time?

I guess its come to a 'put up or shut up' situation for both sides. Comers to put up the cash and Doug to put up the club.

If this takeover is going to happen I feel we will hear something quickly and if we dont im afraid it might be dead.

Gringo you have a point because AVIL said

LONDON (AFX) - Aston Villa Investments Ltd, the acquisition vehicle formed

for the purpose of making an offer for Aston Villa Plc, says talks are ongoing

with the football club's advisors and due diligence is progressing.

so there is misleading information or maybe as Malc says a delaay for time.

also it is interesting to note that the PR from Villa contained no contact details at the club for the first time.

Is our friend Mr Neville a News of the World reporter then? Somehow I don't think so. I will be very interested to hear what he has to say next. I'm sure the chairman will be as well.

We have the money to appoint Rothschild but not to keep Baake? Does the chairman think that rich Arab exists because otherwise appointing someone to sell when you have no intention of doing so at a realistic price is a waste of money. It looks like we will be waiting for that casket unless our friend Mr Neville can still turn this around and make the chairman look to others what we all know he is or the NOTW have alerted someone with deep pockets to make the chairman an offer that he can't refuse!