• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per our announcement dated 31 October 2005, the Board has held discussions

with Aston Villa Investments Limited ("AVIL") in the context of AVIL having

provided Aston Villa with an indicative proposal to acquire the company, which

if converted into a firm offer, the Board of Aston Villa would recommend to

shareholders

So whatever figure was suggested at the beginning of negotiations by Comertose it is obviously a figure acceptable to Doug and he would recommend it to shareholders.

The ONLY problem it says is NO FIRM offer. If they make one it's a done deal.

As has been said it begs a response from them.

having other people to do certain jobs has never stopped him interfering before...

personally, i think this is all bluster and bollocks... i reckon they have seen the fans are rightfully unhappy and are trying to placate them into thinking that what we have desired for so long, is in place to happen....

if im wrong, il be the happiest man on the planet, but i trust very little that comes out of the club...

I understand your conccerns PP but it is clear isn't it that this statement has been issued in order to force the Comer's and start an aucction otherwise whyt would he keep the elaborate disguise.

BTW noticed Stride has come out the past two weeks and we keep hearing how Ellis is still at VP, anyone want a bet he hardly turns up now and is now is not able to be in control ?

I know nothing about shares or finances, so will someone please tell me and otehr forum members in plain english what the above statements mean and should I spend my Euromillions winnings on getting rid of Doug?

bascially Ali, they have said that they have had no bid from AVIL but they have appointed advisors in order to progress the club and normally Rothschilds deal with mergers and aquistions.

Alos I did hear 4 months ago that we had appointed outside people, one reason I was confident we were up for sale.

Comers offered a figure to buy.

Doug says 'show us the money'

Doug now says 'What they offered was acceptable but they haven't come up with the cash'

Villa now employ Rothschilds to discuss them searching out someone prepared to pay what Doug thinks is acceptable.

Maybe Comers will now come forward...... maybe they won't

So what does that mean? Not come up with the cash? What does he expect? A suitcase full of cash?

They have a 1 billion pound company, why is he questioning if they have the money? Does he want to see their bank statements?

Bottom line: Is Ellis going to sell?

well would he being the tight git he is really spend money on bankers if he wasn't serious.

Basically the Comer's probably value Villa at £50m, ellis wants 30% more and they were hpoing to negotiate it down.

Ellis now probably realises he can't wait, this is thee clearest signal possible,

So what does that mean? Not come up with the cash? What does he expect? A suitcase full of cash?

They have a 1 billion pound company, why is he questioning if they have the money? Does he want to see their bank statements?

Bottom line: Is Ellis going to sell?

They have 1bn (largely) in fixed assets... having 64m in liquidity is another thing entirely.

I would be interested if anyone knows anything about this particular part of the Rothschild empire; are they any good? The Rothschild’s in France make a fine wine and they own a very nice pad in Buckinghamshire. Can anyone expand... apart from the obvious they have a website...