Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I’ve been to see a well known West Midlands’ claivoyant today to see if they can give us clue on the takeover. In summary Doug will not sell to the Comers or anyone else. He is lining up a buyer in the event of his death. This mystery buyer has something to do with boxing – probably promoting the sport! Don't know how long we will have to wait!

Well you pay your money and you make your choice!!!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, heard that kind of sceanrio before and the whole thing hinges on whether Ellis has been told if he has months or years left, if he has nmonths he has to sell, if he has years he won't.

Think to yourself possible reasons why he won't spend money on pitch and loan and try and woprk out what you believe.

I am just confused !!!

Gerry, heard that kind of sceanrio before and the whole thing hinges on whether Ellis has been told if he has months or years left, if he has nmonths he has to sell, if he has years he won't.

Think to yourself possible reasons why he won't spend money on pitch and loan and try and woprk out what you believe.

I am just confused !!!

Hi Ian

I dont buy the idea that he is trying to hang on. He MUST be selling. If he had no intention of selling the deal would have foundered before now. I dont trust the old bastard one iota BUT the notion that he is trying to hang on to the club just doesnt make sense. There must be something more to why it is taking so long. It has to be related to the value of business

1) Petchey wants to sell

2) The Comers knew the asking price back in Sept/Oct?

3) BUT a year on year, month on month analysis of the finances I am sure will indicate, that the value of the business is declining rapidly

I know that football businesses are not strictly valued like a typical business, but there still has to be some kind of formula. AVFC in Sept 2005 was on paper definitely worth more than it is now- this imho is the problem. By not spending they are trying (in the short term only!) to enhance the value

Gerry, if that is true then I do beleive as I stated 10 pages back that he is using teh Comer's as a stalking horse in order to flush out people he sees as better but if they believe he has a short time left why don't they wait until he dies ?

Mike, I do not think the value of the club is a real sticking point because it is all down to the Ellis factor, it is his premuium and waht he wants taht determines this,

from Setanta Sports:

Irish brothers Brian and Luke Comer have scrapped plans to take over Aston Villa after their proposed move collapsed due to the small matter of how much the club is actually worth.

The businessmen, natives of Co. Galway but living in England, were to provide the money in a consortium Michael Neville, a Villa fan, had put together.

Prior to Christmas, the mooted deal was considered to be a formality following a year of high-profile takeovers. Indeed, it was expected to be realised before the end of last year.

However, the Comers would not agree with Villa chief shareholder Doug Ellis' estimation that the club was worth STG64m - little over two-and-a-half times what Chelsea paid Lyon for Michael Essien - so the deal has fallen through.

Meanwhile, the Birmingham club have lost midfielder Eirik Bakke, who has returned to Leeds after a loan spell at Villa Park.

Villa wanted to extend Bakke's stay but couldn't due to financial constraints.

I am just confused !!!

Hi Ian

I dont buy the idea that he is trying to hang on. He MUST be selling. If he had no intention of selling the deal would have foundered before now. I dont trust the old bastard one iota BUT the notion that he is trying to hang on to the club just doesnt make sense. There must be something more to why it is taking so long. It has to be related to the value of business

1) Petchey wants to sell

2) The Comers knew the asking price back in Sept/Oct?

3) BUT a year on year, month on month analysis of the finances I am sure will indicate, that the value of the business is declining rapidly

I know that football businesses are not strictly valued like a typical business, but there still has to be some kind of formula. AVFC in Sept 2005 was on paper definitely worth more than it is now- this imho is the problem. By not spending they are trying (in the short term only!) to enhance the value

Mike, it ain't very often that I agree with you - but I cannot fault that post.

the stance we choose to take of self sacrifice for the greater good, even if its only a small impact on my individual part, is in the hope that things will change for the better...

if thats damaging short term but makes our long term future better, then thats the cross we have to bare....

How noble the Villa Park martyrs are. How enlightened that they can see what us 'normal' Villa fans cannot.

Did your boycott mean you didn't go to Rotterdam? Did it mean you didn't got to Wembley for the FA Cup final or League Cup finals in the 90's/00? Thought not.

I was 13 when Rotterdam was the centre of the Universe. But I know where you are coming from.

i wasnt no, but mateyboy up there, made the insinuation that the boycott wouldnt have stopped me going to rotterdam... if i were old enough obviously....

which is highly amusing, ellis wasnt around when we went to rotterdam, so i would have had no reason to boycott anything..

and being too young isnt a boycott, as you cant make the decision to intentionally stop purchasing a product as a form of protest if you were 4 years old....

not unless you are a **** smart 4 year old...

i wasnt no, but mateyboy up there, made the insinuation that the boycott wouldnt have stopped me going to rotterdam... if i were old enough obviously....

which is highly amusing, ellis wasnt around when we went to rotterdam, so i would have had no reason to boycott anything..

and being too young isnt a boycott, as you cant make the decision to intentionally stop purchasing a product as a form of protest....

not unless you are a **** smart 4 year old...

I think that he is asking about the intentional boycott - and the 82 analogy doesn't fit this argument/discussion.

i know what he is asking, but before shouting his mouth off, he should check his facts...

I understand where he is coming from PP to be honest - AVFC is my religion, my blood, my soul - I support the club - not the board.

There are a lot of things that I can change - my football club is not one of them.

We all have our own choices - and that's whats up for debate I suppose.

but those boycotting are not changing football clubs...

we are trying to do our bit to get the old **** out, by the only means that he really understands...

by hurting his pocket...

it could be argued that it appears to have had at least some effect as he is now allegedly actively looking to sell... if i have helped with that in any way, then brilliant...

you can guarantee that many will flood back to villa park when he leaves..

myself included...

i dont enjoy missing games, but i have to at least try and do something i think will benefit the club long term....

but those boycotting are not changing football clubs...

we are trying to do our bit to get the old **** out, by the only means that he really understands...

by hurting his pocket...

it could be argued that it appears to have had at least some effect as he is now allegedly actively looking to sell... if i have helped with that in any way, then brilliant...

you can guarantee that many will flood back to villa park when he leaves..

myself included...

i dont enjoy missing games, but i have to at least try and do something i think will benefit the club long term....

Whilst your stance is to be admired - the thought of him missing your money never comes into his world. It's not hurting his pocket - he has more than yuo or I can ever dream of. You, the VFC and a lot of other Ellis Out people - and I include myself in this have had no affect. That is a fact of life.

The flood - I hope it happens - and it's bounded about on here a lot, it won't happen - a lot of Villa Fans believe their own press - in the end, it's a football club - nothing more, nothing less, but one that some of us cannot shake off - however we try.

I, we, weak? - I would say no - my life has been enriched with the experiences and friends that I have made due to the Villa - I wouldn't swop it for the World. And that has been in spite of Ellis.