Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be nasty to have made that decision and still fancy individual games. My uncle is on the same non-Villa diet and he's had to stop himself wanting to go to specific games. Blose this season is the most obvious yet. A little vein goes in his head when it comes up in conversation. Poor bastard.

Bid for Villa at a vital stage Jan 15 2006

By Graham Hill

THE proposed takeover of Aston Villa was at a crucial stage last night with the Irish consortium hoping to buy out Doug Ellis putting the finishing touches to their bid.

But it has again been emphasised that the Comer Brothers, who have been preparing a £64 million buyout, have NOT pulled out of the deal, contrary to midweek reports.

Indeed, the pair have been holding top-level meetings over the past few days to discuss the finer points of the deal.

And it now seems that the next 72 hours will be vital to the eventual outcome of the plan which has been in the public domain since October.

Things are expected to come to a head one way or the other within the week.

But sources close to the deal have been quick to pick holes in a number of stories suggesting that the Comers have abandoned their involvement in the takeover.

Suggestions that Villa have had to fork out £150,000 just to make sure financial deadlines were met have been rubbished, with the figure more like £1,000 - a drop in the ocean considering the sums that have been discussed.

This is draggin on and on and on and on..........

First they say 48 hours, now another 72 hours. We should know this week. No doubt with the week up it will be another 2 weeks and the january window will be closed.

When's the old git's birthday? That's when he'll sell up. I'm still confident the deal will go through otherwise I'll go **** mental, it's beyond comprehension now why he won't sell.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I've got the bunting and the booze ready!!!

:clap::cheers:

I admire how these people stick to their guns, but I like to go to games. When there's a protest, I'll be there at the front, but I can't bring myself to boycott. I certainly don't hold it against anyone who does, or think they're worse supporters.

Must be nasty to have made that decision and still fancy individual games. My uncle is on the same non-Villa diet and he's had to stop himself wanting to go to specific games. Blose this season is the most obvious yet. A little vein goes in his head when it comes up in conversation. Poor bastard.

I made the decision and the wife bought me a season ticket

easter Sunday - big big question for me too. Long weekend away with the family, something we don't get that much chance of or seing the blose game...

easter Sunday - big big question for me too. Long weekend away with the family, something we don't get that much chance of or seing the blose game...

We could send them down. The final nail in their coffin.

I don't think I could miss it for anything.

I've promised I'll boycott, and I didn't go to any games over Christmas because of it other than Manyoo which I already had tickets for. Made the decision after the Doncaster game, couldn't stand paying for that any longer, over £100 including travel to see us play 4 lose 4 concede 10 and score 1 just isn't worth it. I can't stick with it though, I'm sure I'll end up at the WBA and SHA games over Easter whether there's a takeover or not. My issue isn't really with Ellis although it goes back to that, just the lack of passion shown by the team.

As I'll be in Liverpool the weekend of the Everton game I'll struggle not to go to that one.