Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

From the Irish paper mentioned earlier:

It would be great if somebody from north Galway could be up with the likes of Alex Ferguson. It's about as near as any of us would get to such an empire. It brings out shades of people who did well in England. If the deal went ahead, no doubt they would turn it into a successful club and a successful business venture.

Why would Ellis want it turned into a successful club? That would be stealing his limelight.

:evil:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the board spend money on new players if the club is being sold?

If you were deep in negotiations to sell your house, you wouldn't decide to put a new roof on it just before the deal's done would you?

it depends on whether there was a hole in it and it needed repairing for fear of causing further damage to the whole structure of the house......

It's a good answer.

But technically, there's no hole in the Villa roof. We ain't gonna get relegated, we ain't gonna win anything. We're just plain ol' mid table Villa. Safe enough to survive a few months with a leaky roof.

If you were deep in negotiations to sell your house, you wouldn't decide to put a new roof on it just before the deal's done would you?

If the leaks meant that my house was about to be ruined as a result and hence the value dramatically reduced, you bet I would.

I have to pay rates, gas, electric, insurance and hence keep up maintenance to ensure the sale goes through

it depends on whether there was a hole in it and it needed repairing for fear of causing further damage to the whole structure of the house......

It's a good answer.

But technically, there's no hole in the Villa roof. We ain't gonna get relegated, we ain't gonna win anything. We're just plain ol' mid table Villa. Safe enough to survive a few months with a leaky roof.

thats where youre wrong...

there IS a whole in the roof...

or the defence in football terms...

It's a good answer.

thats where youre wrong...

there IS a whole in the roof...

or the defence in football terms...

Oh definitely. But it's not gonna get us relegated. So (in the eyes of the board), we can survive for now with the leaky roof.

Besides, I don't believe the "We're not going to buy anyone..." talk anyway. Every single transfer window (January or Summer) since DOL took over, he's always said the same thing. And we always buy somebody. Even if it is only Djemba Djemba :)

that depends on whether the hole gets bigger...

ie, we get more injuries at the back....

this is fun... :D

with regards believing it, personally, il believe it until i have reason not to believe it...

ie, we actually buy someone....

Well the worst thing which could happen is that his son enherit his shares then we can start all over.

I wish that the Elliot clan would leave and right now. How greedy can one be!?

SV*

If the leaks meant that my house was about to be ruined as a result and hence the value dramatically reduced, you bet I would.

I have to pay rates, gas, electric, insurance and hence keep up maintenance to ensure the sale goes through

But then you wouldn't have put it up for sale at the price you did, would you?

Which team was that? We won the cup, but we were no more the greatest team in Europe in '82 than Liverpool were last season

We won the cup and the league the season before it, which Liverpool did not last season.

And Bob, as far as being the greatest team in Europe, we did win the cup and the Super Cup the year after it against Barcelona. I don't see any reason to doubt that we proved ourselves to be the best team in Europe in 1982!

And in that period of time has also turned a team that was the greatest in Europe, into a team of lower half also rans

Which team was that? We won the cup, but we were no more the greatest team in Europe in '82 than Liverpool were last season.

I can't believe you've just said that :shock:

But then you wouldn't have put it up for sale at the price you did, would you?

Of course

Problems happen all the time after a house is put up for sale, besides most prople value their house higher than its worth but at some time or other accept a lower offer when they realise its true value.

Only the fools don't

Oh and their devils advocate's

I didn't live to see it, since I was born in 1985, but it is highly recognized that our win in the Champions League was due to poor opposition early on, luck and underachieving from the others, rather than us being the best. A great win, deserved non the less, but we were hardly the best.... like Liverpool and Greece, one can win, but it isn't neccessarily deserved.

But **** it, that was ages ago. Like I have said elsewhere, Rome and Great Britain once were emperors in the world. Things change

Of course

Problems happen all the time after a house is put up for sale, besides most prople value their house higher than its worth but at some time or other accept a lower offer when they realise its true value.

Only the fools don't

Oh and their devils advocate's

Really - my house is up for sale - I follow the Estate Agents guidance. Whoever is the "Estate Agent" for Villa is probably doing the same.

He also said:

If you sell your house without disclosing the "faults" you are in breach of contract. I doubt that Ellis is.