NBA

Vojskovoda

NBA stat of the day; Clippers record against teams currently over .500 is now 3 - 9; Miami's record against winning teams is 1 - 7.

In fairness, the Clips had by far the toughest schedule to start the season. But they're in such a hole now, getting the 8th seed is gonna be too high a mountain to climb.

• 1 month later...

anyone staying up late tonight and is even remotely interested in basketball should tune into the miami heat @ the LA clippers. the hottest team in the east take on my clippers who are, astoundingly, the hottest team in the west going 7-3 over their last 10 games. explosive dunks and ridiculous highlights guaranteed in front of what will be a vociferous sell out crowd @ Staples Centre.

LeBron James vs Blake Griffin in tinseltown - this will be a marquee matchup for years to come.

a vociferous sell out crowd

I thought LeBron would be on the floor, not in the seats.

:clap:. I must admit i'm still a big fan of LeBron and hope the Heat win the championship this year. That is unless the Clips mount a ridiculous second half charge that sees them into playoff contention.

I hope they win it just to piss everyone off. Don't really see what he's done wrong to be honest. As for the Cavs, I hope they disappear into nothingness, their 'attacks' on LeBron since he left are a joke. He played out the contract they gave him and left, where's the problem in that? He's also the only reason they're relevant.

• 1 month later...

Saw the Knicks play Atlanta while over there last week; ate a pretzel, paid 10 dollars for a beer, took my hat off for the national anthem... the usual touristy stuff, then BAM!! I have a second sport.

Atmosphere was amazing, loved the end-to-end action, the dancing bimbos, the little league match at the break, AND my missus loved it :thumb:

Any recommendations on where best to keep up with the action? The NBA site? Anywhere I can watch the Knicks online?

you can download NBA league pass which lets you stream live games in HD quality. its quite expensive but you have access to literally every NBA game. the good news for you is, watching the knicks on TV is almost as good as being at MSG thanks to their legendary comms Mike Breen and Walt 'Clyde' Frazier. one of the best play by play duos around.

since you saw them play they traded away 4 players (Gallinari, Chandler, Felton and Mozgov) for 'Melo and Chauncey Billups. exciting times in NYC

yeah he's an excellent scorer, in fact he's pretty much unguardable and has been a regular all-star over the past few years but he's pretty suspect defensively. not that that will be an issue for coach d'antoni, he's never been one to place too much emphasis on D.

you're right about Chandler, i love his game. Gallinari has a great deal of potential as well and knicks fans will likely be disappointed he was included in the deal.

• 2 months later...

Lakers 2-0 down to the Mavs in the West semi's. Looks like there will be no 3-peat. Heat looking the strongest in the East, Wade was unstoppable Game 1 against the Celtics at the weekend. Anyone else watching the playoffs? Anyone play nba 2k11?

I think this season was the first time i payed more attention to the nba over the Premier League.

Anyone else watching the playoffs?

usually I do, but not this year as my favorite team (Phoenix) did not make it

I check the results every day but it's not the same if your team is out of it. Last year was great though

My prediction for the finals: Miami vs Dallas, Miami winning again like in '06

I like Phoenix too. Mostly because of Nash, but the Suns had a pretty poor season.

I can see the Thunder taking the West Finals if they come up against Dallas. Heat look a pretty good bet for the East.

Â