O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

So, if MON goes, who is going to come in and do a better job? I honestly can't believe that this thread could be a logical debate. There is no one in football who could do a better job. What we do need assistance in is buying new players, and getting better scouting, however, to replace MON is just ludicrous.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin O´Neill is not bigger than Aston Villa FC!

Who said he was?

Sacking a manager like MON after one game into the season would make us the laughing stock of football.

Let's not follow the Spurs/Newcastle model.

We need to keep our nerve FFS - it's only one game into the season.

People has been talking about all 2009! You keep on nagging about one game! It is 18 games and two wins...MANY managers would´ve got the sack with that statistics...and add that to the fact on how the team looked yesterday.

Why do people think we be Newcastle and Spurs all of a sudden? Are you kidding yourself to believe MON is the only solution for Villa?

It was a dire performance and big things need to be done. That team is capable of more than that, and it's also likley to be augmented with signings in the coming couple of weeks.

But getting rid is ludicrous. Lets see what the next couple of weeks bring us in terms of performances and signings.

Those signings need to be serious though. Not cut price cast offs or Nicky Shorey/Heskey panic buys.

We have the cash, and its now, we have to spend it.

Weve had all summer, and to be honest, yesterday was always going to happen. Thats the annoying thing.

To many players decided to hide yesterday, and thats an ominous sign.

Here's a scenario! before the season started how many people would have took 3 points from our opening two fixtures? well what happens if you go and spank Liverpool? aren't we where we thought we would be? I know it's all if's and but's....BUT let's not give up after one game eh?!

For the umpteenth time, it's not just about one game.

What about all the games before when we played some fantastic football?

7 Away wins on the bounce.

This all proves to me that MON and the squad have it in them to turn things around.

It was not just because of Laursen and Barry.

Oh yes this famous run of away wins.... :lol::lol:

Hull- Last minute Goal- deserved to lose

Sunderland- got a pen that never was

Gillingham- exactly the same as Sunderland :shock:

West Ham- Got hammered and got a lucky milner deflected goal

Everton- routed all match and got an ill deserved 3-2

Absolutely spot on. We got a HUGE slice of luck during our brilliant run last season, that much is fact.

Who said he was?

Sacking a manager like MON after one game into the season would make us the laughing stock of football.

People has been talking about all 2009! You keep on nagging about one game! It is 18 games and two wins...MANY managers would´ve got the sack with that statistics...and add that to the fact on how the team looked yesterday.

Why do people think we be Newcastle and Spurs all of a sudden? Are you kidding yourself to believe MON is the only solution for Villa?

I'm not 'nagging on' about anything pal, I've ony posted twice in this thread.

If you think it's a good idea to sack the manager tomorrow, one game into the season with the transfer window still open, then fair enough. But then you should also have an opinion on who is available to come in and do a better job?? So who??

So, if MON goes, who is going to come in and do a better job? I honestly can't believe that this thread could be a logical debate. There is no one in football who could do a better job. What we do need assistance in is buying new players, and getting better scouting, however, to replace MON is just ludicrous.

No one in football? Jesus...

After about 10 minutes some fans lost their patience and started getting on the players backs.

I can’t believe this would ever happen at Villa Park.

I also can’t believe that people can’t believe that I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is not butter. I believe it’s simply unbelievable and I can’t believe it.

Who said he was?

I'm not 'nagging on' about anything pal, I've ony posted twice in this thread.

If you think it's a good idea to sack the manager tomorrow, one game into the season with the transfer window still open, then fair enough. But then you should also have an opinion on who is available to come in and do a better job?? So who??

Many is suitable to be fair but I named Guus Hiddink as one...(now people will minimize Aston Villa and say that I am an idiot to think he will join..but that is my opinion that Hiddink could be a reasonable manager for Villa).

Teams don't finish sixth in the Premier League due to luck, let alone doing that twice. Silly comments really.

Who has said that the two consecutive 6th positions were down to luck alone? Dont put words into peoples mouth. Ridicolous...

Put it this way, if we sack MON, we'll be a laughing stock! If people seriously think Hiddink, they've been on some serious medication. Next someone will say why not try for Wenger or Mourinho. I've watched the game again, and you know what alot of blame does lie with MON, his tactics were all wrong, but credit where credits due, Wigan were superb, the pressure they put on us, the way they kept the ball, I really think they'll be darkhorses in this campaign. We'll be back, add a few more 'quality' players. Liverpool is the best game for us, we can go there with no pressure and just play our game.

Teams don't finish sixth in the Premier League due to luck, let alone doing that twice. Silly comments really.

Who has said we finished 6th place twice due to luck? No one, so stop spouting your diatribe.

How are they silly comments when it is a factual statement to say we picked up a lot of points last season (during our good run) where a huge slice of unforseen luck went our way. Luck that as Villa fans we don't usually get much of I think it would be fair to say.

Yes, we also played some very good football against the likes of Arsenal and United during that run, but games such as the ones stated above we were extremely fortunate to get anything out of. And i would say that overall, we played better football the first season we finished 6th under MON, rather than last season.

Nothing silly about these comments at all I think you'll find.

I was speaking to a girl I know who's a Celtic season ticket holder a month back and again last night about MON and she says this all souunds like his last 2 seasons at Celtic. She said then his tactics were bizarre, his signings scratched heads, his subsitutions baffling, and his stubborn loyalty to certain players when it was obvious their form was way off frustrating, and the style of football shifted from good attacking football to ugly long ball play, and she admitted that the fact that apart from Rangers the league was so weak covered alot of cracks in the Celtic set up.

Many is suitable to be fair but I named Guus Hiddink as one...(now people will minimize Aston Villa and say that I am an idiot to think he will join..but that is my opinion that Hiddink could be a reasonable manager for Villa).

The press clearly reported that Hiddink was committed to the Russian team. If he wouldn't manage Chelsea why do you think he'd come to Villa? Take off those claret and blue specs please.

Would you also be happy with Villa playing the time-wasting crap that Chelsea played under him? I don't give a monkeys about short passing/long passing but I revile cheating and gamesmanship.

Put it this way, if we sack MON, we'll be a laughing stock! If people seriously think Hiddink, they've been on some serious medication. Next someone will say why not try for Wenger or Mourinho. I've watched the game again, and you know what alot of blame does lie with MON, his tactics were all wrong, but credit where credits due, Wigan were superb, the pressure they put on us, the way they kept the ball, I really think they'll be darkhorses in this campaign. We'll be back, add a few more 'quality' players. Liverpool is the best game for us, we can go there with no pressure and just play our game.

If you cant handle discussions without being offensive then leave it. I am fine and I dont need medication. You on the other hand needs to finish your education.

I was speaking to a girl I know who's a Celtic season ticket holder a month back and again last night about MON and she says this all souunds like his last 2 seasons at Celtic. She said then his tactics were bizarre, his signings scratched heads, his subsitutions baffling, and his stubborn loyalty to certain players when it was obvious their form was way off frustrating, and the style of football shifted from good attacking football to ugly long ball play, and she admitted that the fact that apart from Rangers the league was so weak covered alot of cracks in the Celtic set up.

What do girls know about Football! :P Its a joke before i get attacked by all the female population on this site lol!

The press clearly reported that Hiddink was committed to the Russian team. If he wouldn't manage Chelsea why do you think he'd come to Villa? Take off those claret and blue specs please.

Would you also be happy with Villa playing the time-wasting crap that Chelsea played under him? I don't give a monkeys about short passing/long passing but I revile cheating and gamesmanship.

Wow...the press told you? And btw...isnt Ashley the God diving quite regular?

Your a brave man watching that shite again :lol:

Pathetic. We have now resulted to analysing whether we were lucky in games last season. Of course we **** were! Every team scrapes lucky wins from time to time and you know what? They're the most satisfying of all. The fact we can have an off day and still snatch three points is very satisfying. I don't remember that happening under O'Leary. As for bringing in a big time Charlie as manager. What a stupid idea. We can't buy success now as most Prem clubs have massive pots of cash available. We have to be successful by being clever and outwitting other teams. MON can and will do that. Remember 4-4 at Chelsea? 2-0 at Arsenal. The 'lucky' 3-2 win at Everton. All examples of what our boss is good at creating. Forget last season. A lot of that was to do with starting in July. Just be patient folks. MON can give us the success we crave.

Â