Welcoming of the team bus - McGregor statue - 18.30

wedge

Supporters are again being encouraged to gather on Trinity Road and by the William McGregor statue for the team bus's arrival at 6.30pm for the Chelsea game on Saturday.

:flag:

• Like 1

Smart thinking by the club again, build the atmosphere, make the players feel good and get people inside the ground to spend money with the club rather than elsewhere, wins all round for the club. UTV!!! Scrub my 4-0 prediction let’s make it 6-0 at fortress Villa!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Smart thinking by the club again, build the atmosphere, make the players feel good and get people inside the ground to spend money with the club rather than elsewhere, wins all round for the club. UTV!!! Scrub my 4-0 prediction let’s make it 6-0 at fortress Villa!!!!

Welcoming for our players and intimidating for theirs too! Like the plans for the players tunnel on to the pitch. We want Villa Park to be a nightmare for visiting teams but a dream for us. Lots of teams like to come to Villa Park, that needs to change. Many years ago I read in a popular lads football magazine, which did players featured like , worse away ground etc and at the time a prominent Man U player, can’t remember his name, had Villa Park as the stadium he didn’t like going to most, because The stands were close to the pitch and “there was a huge stand at one end, which was frightening!” We call it The Holte End and this was when it was a single all standing terrace. Those were the days, I think this was in the 70s before Sky invented football but that’s what we need Villa Park to feel like for the opposition from the minute they arrive and start worrying about it from the time the fixture is announced, like anfield used to be and that was largely psychological mumbo jumbo!! A lot of it worked though. Make our players feel like super humans and make our opponents feel like they’re being lead to the slaughter!! In recent years lots of people, from other teams, name Villa Park as their favourite away ground, that needs to change, because of what happens on the pitch, they can still have a nice experience visiting a big famous club before they witness the expected and standard drubbing handed out by the mighty Villa, which is the team they came to see anyway!!  The best experience of the season, despite the result, is what we want them to take away with them!! “5-0 on you big day out!” You know the type of thing I mean. 😭 

• Like 2

Â