The football governance bill

I think if this regulator is brought in on the premise of a Portsmouth or Leeds then it is far too late, plus the Premier League has adapted well to that situation tbh. I don't like this unfair narrative that everything is bad in football, I don't buy it. They need to get a grip on the EFL more so than the Premier League. How has bad ownerships been allowed to flourish in the EFL?

I think fan ownership (funded by this Premier League distribution deal) would make sense to overthrow bad owners. Look at Reading, sold their training complex to Wycombe recently - it is morally wrong. Wrexham & Portsmouth good examples of fan ownership too - fans get to vet and consider the people buying the club, isn't that far more valuable than a fit and proper test? It is very important the bill safeguards the lower leagues and makes it much more democratic. I don't want to see another Bury.

On 21/03/2024 at 16:12, OutByEaster? said:

Here's an example.

At the beginning of the season, the Premier League told fans groups and media that it would ensure that any fixture changes were released with a minimum of six weeks notice. That's enough to let everyone plan their lives and not disrupt the travel plans and working lives of tens of thousands of people.

As of today, the Premier League has not confirmed any of the changes for the 20th/21st April - that's 30 days away - four and a bit weeks. our game against Arsenal will be moving, anyone can see that, we're in France on the evening of the 18th, we won't be playing on the 20th - but they won't confirm it, they won't give us timings, they're not interested in making the lives of supporters easier. It's getting to the point where it starts to affect not just fans, but the people who work on, in and around football stadiums and those that supply to them.The delay lets the Premier league pick the juiciest fixtures for TV and plan around cup games for maximum TV exposure.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect the regulator to be involved in - the Premier league should be fined for not maintaining its commitment, or fans should be compensated for late changes - we desperately need an outside body to try to put some sort of controls on a league that is so wrapped up in its own greed that it doesn't see the problems under its nose.

It's been moved today and looks like they picked Everton/Forest and Liverpool/Fulham for TV

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â