M42 Closures

Kingman

Planning from 21.00 tonight- 05.00am Monday 

Possible reopening may be brought forward but just something to keep an eye on after the game. 

FFS, staying at my parents in Tamworth for the weekend, thought it would be a good base for my two trips to VP (tour Saturday. game Sunday).

M42 closed and no trains running between Tamworth and Brum all weekend, **** hooray!

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

FFS, staying at my parents in Tamworth for the weekend, thought it would be a good base for my two trips to VP (tour Saturday. game Sunday).

M42 closed and no trains running between Tamworth and Brum all weekend, **** hooray!

You could go A38, can snarl up a bit by Tyburn, and you get the inevitable match day traffic as you approach VP, but give it plenty of time and it's not too bad. AV1 bus runs from Corporation St Tamworth, picks up a couple of hours before KO, leaves half hour after final whistle. Timetables on Villas ticket page

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pongo's Socks said:

You could go A38, can snarl up a bit by Tyburn, and you get the inevitable match day traffic as you approach VP, but give it plenty of time and it's not too bad. AV1 bus runs from Corporation St Tamworth, picks up a couple of hours before KO, leaves half hour after final whistle. Timetables on Villas ticket page

Any idea if you can just use the AV1 bus for the return leg?  It gets to VP later than I need tomorrow but  it leaves from right next to where we park our Oxfordshire Lions bus and would be handy to travel back on.

12 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Can the United coach get stuck in that

Unlikely as they will probably be staying NW Birmingham or City center, Last season most away teams stayed at The Clayton 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Any idea if you can just use the AV1 bus for the return leg?  It gets to VP later than I need tomorrow but  it leaves from right next to where we park our Oxfordshire Lions bus and would be handy to travel back on.

Its a set price £7 for return ticket so presumably yes 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If you'd booked in advance I don't think it'd be a problem, only thing is, tomorrow's  game is no longer available on Villa ticket site, so the only way of paying is as you get on. Not sure if the driver would just let you pay for the return half of the journey

Â