Not a sight for sore eyes (bad injuries)

Tom13

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Had to start this as this is probably the worst 'freak' injury I've ever seen.

Warning before you watch: This really is a horrible one.

i've learnt my lesson and know not to watch these.

curiosity will probably get the better of me and i'll immediately regret it. like the one of that skier that basically got split in half

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It’s very easy to say when you’re sitting judging him from the comfort of the internet.  It was a poorly timed tackle from Sanchez that caused the entire incident in the first place, at worst you can accuse Marcelo of not getting out of the way of a late lunge safely enough in the quarter of a second he had to think about it but there’s no way at all he set out to injure an opponent. 

We must be watching different videos, it was a deliberate stamp.

16 minutes ago, will87 said:

I don't see how, given that doesn't lift his leg more than 3-4 inches off the ground, Marcelo could expect the opposition player to put his leg exactly in that small pocket of created space. He puts his weight on it, sure, but if that's a deliberate stamp he must have spatial an temporal awareness that borders on precognition.

And he's not even looking at the leg in question when it happens.

7 hours ago, Harkanon said:

Apparently not a break but a full knee dislocation.  Oof

Is that better or worse? Bones take ages, as do knee ligaments. Looks possibly life altering  at first glance.

2 hours ago, will87 said:

I’m not sure where he’s supposed to put his leg.  If you only watch  the close up then maybe, but the wide angle paints a clearer picture.  This is just one of those things that would be described as a ‘racing incident’ in motorsports. 

• Like 2

Â