Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

4 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I've got a bunch of those as well!

It’s a bit of fun ain’t it mate . Keeps me entertained that’s for sure. Providing I keep it fun there’s no problem. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s a bit of fun ain’t it mate . Keeps me entertained that’s for sure. Providing I keep it fun there’s no problem. 

I think I'm doing better with the free spins, just won £36 at Ladbrokes! keep me in bets for a while.

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How do you get these free spins? 

Ladbrokes Instant Spins (spin the wheel you might win free spins)

Coral Rewards Grabber

PaddyPower Wonder Wheel (Quite often it's the Wonder Why I bother Wheel)

William Hill Bonus Drop (Also look out for the promo banners in the Sports Betting and Vegas tabs offer 5 free spins every couple of days)

If you win something on the free spins don't be tempted to keep spinning, I've been doing this everyday (while I've been well) for the past 4 years and know painfully how easy it is to see a bunch of money get leached from your account. Keep the money and pump it into your horse bets. Between the free spins winnings and winnings on my horse bets I've not had to put money into any of my bookies accounts since May. Admittedly I don't bet big so I'm happy if I win enough to cover my bets.

Also have a crack at ITV7 (its not every day though), Betway 4 to Win (this is every day, £1000 to £10,000 jackpot), Coral Racing Super Series (every Saturday, this is pick horses to place - I've won a share of the jackpot a few times (only a couple of hundred quid))

• Thanks 2

For tomorrow (6/11/2023), I'm going for:

Lucky 15 (Each Way) £0.05 per bet

13:07 Plumpton - Tickatickatiming
14:00 Kempton -  Twirling
14:30 Kempton - Royal Power
17:40 Kempton - Kingdom

• Like 1

Free bet patent 

Plumpton 2.37 Burrows Park 7/1(Venetia Williams sends the horse 190 miles her only runner at the track today. Toss up between this and the favourite Lord Baddesley for my selection but went with the value 

Plumpton 3.07 Sublime Heights 12/1( So many in with a chance in this but the money has come in for this one, was 20/1 last night) 

Plumpton 3.37 West End Boy 11/8 ( thrown in gets to race off same mark it won off 8 days again where he romped home by 10 lengths. Same claimer on board but this time takes 5 off instead of 3. 

potential returns 296

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Anyone up for a bit of fun on a Saturday racing? Each one of us pick our bet of the day, could be your banker or a horse you think is overpriced etc etc then we use it in a patent lucky 15 or lucky 31 depending how many of us put up. Got to be careful obviously because bookies can get arsy with groups of people putting up same accas but should be ok.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone up for a bit of fun on a Saturday racing? Each one of us pick our bet of the day, could be your banker or a horse you think is overpriced etc etc then we use it in a patent lucky 15 or lucky 31 depending how many of us put up. Got to be careful obviously because bookies can get arsy with groups of people putting up same accas but should be ok.

sounds fun, count me in!

fair point - could be worth each of us using different bookies (or going to shops)

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

All being well, I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great idea Ruge, I'm in mate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Kentford Mallard 12.50 Hereford
Do You Think        2.20 Hereford
Jaminska               2.50 Hereford
Blade Runner        3.07 Plump   

50p Win Lucky 15 today for a bit of interest!

That 3.07 race **** me that’s one hell of a tight race . Loads with great chances. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That 3.07 race **** me that’s one hell of a tight race . Loads with great chances. 

You're telling me. I've done the mistake of changing the horse.

I had Tip Top Mountain originally, and changed it to Blade Runner. Hopefully it doesn't come to bite me on the arse.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're telling me. I've done the mistake of changing the horse.

I had Tip Top Mountain originally, and changed it to Blade Runner. Hopefully it doesn't come to bite me on the arse.

I weren’t going to bother myself but thought my selection was overpriced then looked this morning and he was down to 12s so thought sod it I’ll go with him but I could have went with so many. 

• Like 1

I see Henrietta Knight is making a come back to training after an 11 year absense.

Hopefully she is granted her new licence before January and we see her back at the winners enclosure by Cheltenham Festival come March.

Many of us will know that she is most famous for being the trainer of 'Best Mate' who won 3 Cheltenham Gold Cups in a row - owned by the late great Jim Lewis who was an avid Villa fan himself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Kentford Mallard 12.50 Hereford FELL
Do You Think        2.20 Hereford 2ND
Jaminska               2.50 Hereford  N/R
Blade Runner        3.07 Plump  WIN 11/2

Just about gets the money back. Will use it on another 50p L-15 tomorrow at Warwick.

• Like 1

Â