Legal advice following serious crime ?

dounavilla

Police complaints commission should be the first step.

Also get her to record everything, no matter how insignificant it may feel.

also request all information held on the case/the victim from the court offending police - including how much influence the brother has had.

oh and request that the case is dealt with outside of the station his brother controls - state conflict of interest. 

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xela said:

I can't really offer any advice on this awful series of events, but has she spoken to any rape crisis charities? They will know the process and able to offer guidance/advice on how to progress it and seek justice. 

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/

She has tried to contact one but they are booked up apparently until February.

She definitely needs advise for her state of mind . It's all so much for her right now. 

She has also refrained from telling many people for the shame she feels. Including her family. 

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

She has tried to contact one but they are booked up apparently until February.

She definitely needs advise for her state of mind . It's all so much for her right now. 

She has also refrained from telling many people for the shame she feels. Including her family. 

This is really so sad.

Get onto the Police Complaints Commission, and also request a change of force due to conflict of interest as the first steps.

Also reach out to the local police and crime commissioner at the same time and explain the above (and the steps you have taken so far) and that there is a conflict of interest and a concern for the safety of the young lady - and that concerns have been ignored, and that you feel there are serious errors with the previous judgement made on the rape.

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

This is really so sad.

Get onto the Police Complaints Commission, and also request a change of force due to conflict of interest as the first steps.

Also reach out to the local police and crime commissioner at the same time and explain the above (and the steps you have taken so far) and that there is a conflict of interest and a concern for the safety of the young lady - and that concerns have been ignored, and that you feel there are serious errors with the previous judgement made on the rape.

Thank you, I will definitely look into this.

Do you know if I'm allowed to do this on her behalf, as I'm only a friend and collegue ? 

Thank you again 

I don’t know a lot - I’ve only partly studied some areas (I did look at finishing a law degree but never did) and others will know a lot more. I’m just giving the best I can do based on legal routes as civilians - you have more rights than you realise and you’ll be listened to and it will be investigated (doesn’t mean it will come out in your favour, that’s why it’s important to do as much leg work as you can) - detail is important . 

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

I don’t know a lot - I’ve only partly studied some areas (I did look at finishing a law degree but never did) and others will know a lot more. I’m just giving the best I can do based on legal routes as civilians - you have more rights than you realise and you’ll be listened to and it will be investigated (doesn’t mean it will come out in your favour, that’s why it’s important to do as much leg work as you can) - detail is important . 

Well thoughout the stalking timeline she reported everything she could including underwear being sent to her and all of the times he showed up. Even at a friend's house she stayed at.  My concern is with this evedence being hidden or lost. She also was told on Sunday that apparently the 300+ hours footage of him outside her property can not be used as it was not taken legally by the landlord.  This is a cover up if ever I saw one.

Just now, dounavilla said:

Well thoughout the stalking timeline she reported everything she could including underwear being sent to her and all of the times he showed up. Even at a friend's house she stayed at.  My concern is with this evedence being hidden or lost. She also was told on Sunday that apparently the 300+ hours footage of him outside her property can not be used as it was not taken legally by the landlord.  This is a cover up if ever I saw one.

Her lawyer also pointed out that the brother is not "on " the case so not to be concerned ?!?! 

It's ridiculous bordering crazy

You can request that the evidence is held, and not disposed of - and request timelines + what evidence they have currently. I’d strongly advise full legal advice and get these requests off asap. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dounavilla said:

Her lawyer also pointed out that the brother is not "on " the case so not to be concerned ?!?! 

Just to add, as mentioned previously , she didn't know fully what had happened to her, she found out that she was actually raped  BY EMAIL " STATING AS SUCH !! 

no phone call, no compassion or sympathy 

Still a conflict of interest. If I were her I’d be requesting information on the brother - such as times/dates and any contact he has had with investigating officers etc 

Â