South Staffs Water - Cyber attack and data breach

OutByEaster?

Make sure you have alerting set up on your bank account for new DD instructions. Anyone can set up a DD against your account with name, address and account number. Any misuse and the DD scheme protects you from primary loss (not consequential), but there is a delay after a mandate is accepted before it can be used for payment. Get alerts and cancel new DDs you didn't authorise and also make sure you delete DDs no longer in use.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, limpid said:

Make sure you have alerting set up on your bank account for new DD instructions. Anyone can set up a DD against your account with name, address and account number. Any misuse and the DD scheme protects you from primary loss (not consequential), but there is a delay after a mandate is accepted before it can be used for payment. Get alerts and cancel new DDs you didn't authorise and also make sure you delete DDs no longer in use.

Brilliant advice tbh 💪

23 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Brilliant advice tbh 💪

I think it’s fairly standard now, I have a couple of bank accounts and they both send me a text whenever I pay somebody new or setup a DD. 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

Â