Resident Evil Village

dubbs

I'm on my second play through now - absolutely superb game.

My only issue with the whole thing is...

Spoiler

The Heisenberg Factory level. Didn't like the generic level design and the fact that it was twice as long as it needed to be - having to go back and forth to the mould machine was tiresome.

Apart from that, it's a game I may try and Platinum even if I stagger my playthroughs.

• Like 1

Started 7, it's brilliant, feel a bit of a tit with my reluctance to play it as its "not proper RE" the core of the game is probably the most RE game I've played for a long time 

I'll be on village by the end of next week

2 main things for me, quick map makes these games so much better, RE2 and 3 remakes were the same and 2nd surprisingly first person makes the game a lot quicker imo far easier to navigate the tight spaces 

Edited by villa4europe

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Started 7, it's brilliant, feel a bit of a tit with my reluctance to play it as its "not proper RE" the core of the game is probably the most RE game I've played for a long time 

I'll be on village by the end of next week

2 main things for me, quick map makes these games so much better, RE2 and 3 remakes were the same and 2nd surprisingly first person makes the game a lot quicker imo far easier to navigate the tight spaces 

Have you got VR? If so play it in VR mode - it's phenomenal!

Finished my 3rd playthrough of Village so I'm pretty much done.

I'll be amazed if it isn't in my top 5 at the end of the year.

Phenomenal game.

• Like 1

Finished 7

Dunno if "enjoy" is the right word! It's a great game overall, starts brilliantly but ends badly 

Spoiler

It dips after lucas' bit and you leave the house, the ship was OK the mines were poor though

It has a things to shoot problem, they're a bit shit and miss the mark 

Spoiler

Also the end boss fight is one of the worst for RE

Story is pretty good

On to 8

Â