September Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish in 2019/20?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/20 at 22:59

I was optimistic until the last week.  I’m concerned time is flying by and we still IMO have the same positions need strengthening as we did at the end of the season.  

Cash is an ok signing, a bit blah and not a priority position and for me not really a material upgrade on Fred to warrant paying the fee.

As for the priority positions....whose knows where we are at with a week before the season starts.  Yes i know the window doesn’t shut until October but I thought we’d be further along by now.

Who we’ve been linked with hasn’t been inspiring either so I’m grasping at straws to what some of you have said that the media has no idea.  

Starting to feel a little pessimistic at the moment but hopefully some uplifting signings this week will change my mood.

• Like 1

I actually think we’ll finish in the bottom 3 at this rate and possibly even bottom. Cue the criticism for being negative, melodramatic etc but the club aren’t giving me any confidence. One of the few teams in the Prem to not have strengthened the first 11 really despite staying up by the finest of margins. Players don’t seem to want to come here even though the fans seem to think our owners are excellent. A manager who is severely limited.

Very sad the club always puts itself in this position.

• Like 1

IMO, we are in a much better starting position than last year: not needing 10+ signings, one year of premier experience for the entire roster, and the ability to add a few key signings without the massive upheaval of 2019-20.  Not much solid intel on current acquisition activity, will wait for results.  Yet expect at least one quality striker, some wide threats along with 1-2 other solid upgrades as able.  Should yield sharper training, better game performances and depth to weather injuries.  Very excited to see what young talent we can bring on.  Hoping for comfortable league position of 12-14 😃

Uneducated prediction to expect more from El Ghazi this year after year in the league and incoming competition.  Love this team!

UTV

• Confused 1

I am sensing another very hard season. Not a hard season, a very hard season. The noises from the Club have all been about kicking on and making sure that we never face up to a relegation battle again (or similar). Pretty sure the summer of 2015, Tim Sherwood said the same sort of thing. 12 months later, we were in a lower division and getting battered at Sheffield Wednesday.

I'll support you Villa... but I ain't hopeful right now.

20 hours ago, villamerican said:

IMO, we are in a much better starting position than last year: not needing 10+ signings, one year of premier experience for the entire roster, and the ability to add a few key signings without the massive upheaval of 2019-20.  Not much solid intel on current acquisition activity, will wait for results.  Yet expect at least one quality striker, some wide threats along with 1-2 other solid upgrades as able.  Should yield sharper training, better game performances and depth to weather injuries.  Very excited to see what young talent we can bring on.  Hoping for comfortable league position of 12-14 😃

Uneducated prediction to expect more from El Ghazi this year after year in the league and incoming competition.  Love this team!

UTV

Also, Wesley should benefit from less pressure/focus on him.  Expect he should now have the space and time to grow into the league.