car problem

dubbs

Not sure whether this should be posted elsewhere so please move if necessary. 

I had my cambelt changed last week.  My car broke down on the way from work yesterday.  When the recovery guy had a look he noticed a belt (dunno if there's more than one) was quite loose and thinks this is the problem.  Im waiting to get it towed to the garage this morning but wondered how to approach this with the garage? Im guessing worse case the engine is damaged but hopefully it's not as serious as that.  If it is the belt they fitted what do I do?

Sounds like the power steering belt or alternator belt, shouldn't be loose if it's just had a cambelt change. Was it a main dealer?

7 hours ago, dubbs said:

Not sure whether this should be posted elsewhere so please move if necessary. 

I had my cambelt changed last week.  My car broke down on the way from work yesterday.  When the recovery guy had a look he noticed a belt (dunno if there's more than one) was quite loose and thinks this is the problem.  Im waiting to get it towed to the garage this morning but wondered how to approach this with the garage? Im guessing worse case the engine is damaged but hopefully it's not as serious as that.  If it is the belt they fitted what do I do?

If its the belt they fitted regardless of main dealer or not they are liable to fix the issue they caused. They will probably try not to because if it is your cam belt the engine could be f***ed. A faulty cam belt can cause thousands of £'s worth of damage

Â