Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/17 at 14:00

15 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

And the blame goes totally on Bruces shoulders.

He hung the players out to dry.

The front 3 & 4 MFs of Wolves positioned themselves so that their back 3 could push up and be the „safe ball“ to „reset“ & „go again“

Their wide players were taking out both our FBs & Wide players whilst their wide MFs offered support/overlaps and a safe ball. So many times their front man & CM‘s ran the channels dragging us all over the place. Whelan was just dinking to the left and right getting nowhere near the ball and poor Hourihane was left to try and cover ground when he needed another 2 at least to help him.

In the first half Chester & Terry were forced to mark empty the space in front of SJ as Wolves front 7 decided to play wide and the outer channels. It didnt reward them with a first half goal, but in the 2nd half they’d knackered Whelan & Hourihane out, both Adomah & Snodgrass were on yellows and very frustrated so they could push up a little further towards our box and Whelans tired legs, Hourihanes confused look, Elmo‘s „where should I be“ coupled with Hutton wandering here and there, so they had it easy in the first 15mins and a goal was written all over their play.

Bruce‘s version of 2 up top is the same as his 1 up top set up with too much ground for the MF to make up because 1 - Whelan‘s lack of mobility and 2 - Hourihane forced to sit deep. The greater problem we then have is that we have 1 less player in MF giving the opposition acres of room to pass us of the park. Making us even more tired.

How he cant see this is beyond me. If all he does is pick an eleven, DrT needs to either re-shuffle his job description, or re-shuffle his P45

The thing for me GH is if it was the system, why isn't everyone doing that.

3-4-3 has to have an antidote.

He has them playing it well granted, but a team playing to their full potential 4-4-2 could have still overcome them.

I seen players who were up for it and others who wasn't.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The thing for me GH is if it was the system, why isn't everyone doing that.

3-4-3 has to have an antidote.

He has them playing it well granted, but a team playing to their full potential 4-4-2 could have still overcome them.

I seen players who were up for it and others who wasn't.

Simple

Wolves played to their strengths and the WHOLE team looked comfortable on the ball, knew what to do and where the passes/play was on or a safe out ball to built an attack up again.

Bruce instructed them to stand off in the hope of some impro resulting in a goal.

P.S. A manager who defends a 0-0 till its 1-0 then defends the 1-0 till we go 2-0 down then makes subs too late will NEVER get us promoted.

It‘s time for you to admit that your support for him and your opinion that he isnt the problem is ill-placed.

33 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Simple

Wolves played to their strengths and the WHOLE team looked comfortable on the ball, knew what to do and where the passes/play was on or a safe out ball to built an attack up again.

Bruce instructed them to stand off in the hope of some impro resulting in a goal.

P.S. A manager who defends a 0-0 till its 1-0 then defends the 1-0 till we go 2-0 down then makes subs too late will NEVER get us promoted.

It‘s time for you to admit that your support for him and your opinion that he isnt the problem is ill-placed.

Well for one thing I never did see him as long term.....and I guess the Wolves game is an opportune time to doubt him.....

as I have highlighted in Bold.....are you sure about that or is it just an opinion.....He cut a very frustrated figure from what I could see and seemed to be bawling out to his players...whether he was playing to the gallery or they were not following his instructions, I am again unsure.

Look, I have said many times I will not support him unconditionally, but equally will not criticise the bloke if I am unsure of blame.....and to be honest I am unsure.

not unsure of what I saw, unsure of the source of the problem and why.

I see things I have trouble blaming the manager for directly.....Indirectly he is to blame for the lot granted.

I know you want him gone.....my concern is who will we get.....could it be worse, yes it could......do we stick or twist.

@TRO   Are you saying if some of the players "are not up for it" we can't blame the manager ?  

Surely if a player doesn't put a shift in (and I don't disagree with you about some of them) then he must get dropped, simple as that. We have plenty of promising youth who will at the very least work their socks off.

If the manager continues to pick players who won't roll their sleeves up then we have a real problem.

• Like 1

Â