Public Sector IR35

Kingman

On 3/3/2017 at 18:07, Risso said:

The legislation is an absolute shambles, and is causing chaos in the contracting sphere.

Probably fair comment but the wide spread abuse of IR35 and temps/contractors that won't pass the SDC test did need looking at.

I think it was right that they've targeted the public sector with it too.

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Probably fair comment but the wide spread abuse of IR35 and temps/contractors that won't pass the SDC test did need looking at.

I think it was right that they've targeted the public sector with it too.

The new online test is out.  Basically as long as you've got a substitution clause in there, even in the public sector, it's happy days.  Shambles, can't even police their own legislation properly.

12 minutes ago, Risso said:

The new online test is out.  Basically as long as you've got a substitution clause in there, even in the public sector, it's happy days.  Shambles, can't even police their own legislation properly.

Didn't know that, well that makes it totally pointless.

Yeah the new ESS tool came out on Thursday, I've had a play about with it as I'm sure many have and regardless of RoS answers it's pretty easy to remain outside so I guess it's flawed already. 

Im suprised it's not made headline news give the amount of contractors about to leave the PS over the next couple of weeks.

Transport For London, Local Authoritys, NHS to name a few. 

Tories now hiking up the amount of tax on dividends now. The thing is, they say they want the system to be fair. I don't have any workers rights, and to be frank I don't want any because I'm a contractor and not a perm. That's the risk I take. I can be binned with 1 days notice, no sick or holiday pay, no benefits at all. Just a day rate.

I pay different rates of tax because I take far more risks and only have short term contracts, I'm not a bloody permie. Cheepo offshore labour will be rubbing their hands together.

• Like 1

Â