Your Top 10 gaming list of all time

Dante_Lockhart

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Watching that Goldeneye doc on Sky last week and remembering just how many hours of joy I got from it (both single and multiplayer). 

Not usually one I'd previously considered for my all time list but I definitely think it should be up there.

I loved Goldeneye, but there were games that I played far more often especially for multiplayer like ISS 64 / Mario Golf / Perfect Dark

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Watching that Goldeneye doc on Sky last week and remembering just how many hours of joy I got from it (both single and multiplayer). 

Not usually one I'd previously considered for my all time list but I definitely think it should be up there.

I was in Liverpool NQ64 a few weeks ago (an arcade bar, there's one in Brum too, as well as various other places), and the only two machines that had crowds around them (at about 1am!) were Guitar Hero Arcade - which I think has a lot to do with the music rather than the game itself - and the N64 running Goldeneye.

People were loving it, shouting advice, remembering certain bits of maps and weapons, just pure drunken reminiscence.

Like @villa4europe my only exposure to it as a kid was round my mates, as I was also a PlayStation guy, but it was still cool to see.

I think it's essential to list games based purely on nostalgia in such a list, and although it would be no where near my own, I wouldn't ever be surprised to see it in many lists of 30 somethings.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'll have to base mine on what I played the most, no order. 

Sensible Soccer, Super Mario (1 & 2), GTA Liberty City, GTA San Andreas, CM01/02, PES2015, Dave Mirra BMX, Timesplitters, Black Ops 1, Super Hang-On. 

Man I loved Dave Mirra BMX. Superior to the Tony Hawk games for me. 

And GTA Liberty City, as in, Liberty City Stories, rather than GTA 3? The GTA 'stories' games were really really good. 

• Like 1

Yep, Dave Mirra was amazing. I don't know why it never got released on next gen, I spent so many hours on the game. 

GTA Liberty City, I think was the 1st one on PS2. Where it progressed from the top down view. I just remember I was going to my Dad's & he'd rented it from Blockbuster. I was only about 13 or so, he'd already played it and kept laughing telling me about the stuff you could do. Loaded it up & you start off with 8ball, his hands are burnt so you drive to some garage. It was glorious. 

Â