Berlin

chrisp65

planning a trip there next year. seems like the city centre has been covered on here, but any surrounding towns/cities that can be done as a day trip via public transport that anyone can recommend please? thanks in advance

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

planning a trip there next year. seems like the city centre has been covered on here, but any surrounding towns/cities that can be done as a day trip via public transport that anyone can recommend please? thanks in advance

Potsdam is the closest city and probably the nicest with a nice castle based on Versailles. Brandenburg the state around Berlin does not have that many interesting cities. After that you are looking at a 2 hour trip to Dresden/Leipzig

Spandau and Kopenick are in Berlin too and both worth a day trip though both are more villages but on the S bahn lines

• Thanks 1

On 20/11/2023 at 07:03, Zatman said:

Potsdam is the closest city and probably the nicest with a nice castle based on Versailles. Brandenburg the state around Berlin does not have that many interesting cities. After that you are looking at a 2 hour trip to Dresden/Leipzig

Spandau and Kopenick are in Berlin too and both worth a day trip though both are more villages but on the S bahn lines

so the reason for visiting berlin is for a gig that's taking place in spandau so expect we'll explore some of that on the mornings of the gigs as it's a 2 dayer over a weekend. sounds like a thurs-monday trip would be sufficient to see most of the city?

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

so the reason for visiting berlin is for a gig that's taking place in spandau so expect we'll explore some of that on the mornings of the gigs as it's a 2 dayer over a weekend. sounds like a thurs-monday trip would be sufficient to see most of the city?

Yeah while its a big city the main sights are quite close together. You could probably do most of the main stuff in one day Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin Wall etc. 

After that can explore the rest of Berlin as every district has a different sometimes unique vibe. I am guessing the event is at the Zitadelle in Spandau

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah while its a big city the main sights are quite close together. You could probably do most of the main stuff in one day Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin Wall etc. 

After that can explore the rest of Berlin as every district has a different sometimes unique vibe. I am guessing the event is at the Zitadelle in Spandau

it is...looks like quite a random place to host concerts i must say! but seems very straightforward to get back to town afterwards

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it is...looks like quite a random place to host concerts i must say! but seems very straightforward to get back to town afterwards

Yeah they usually hold events amd markets there plus I remember Tenacious D played a few weeks back.

Its quite easy to get to the centre from the Zitadelle. That u bahn line pretty much covers most of Berlin. It was one of the longest lines in Europe

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

What an amazing city. Really enjoyed a long weekend there.

If anyone is visiting and in the centre and wondering which of the millionty Vietnamese places are decent I'd definitely recommend this Vietnamese Restaurant called Pho Co on Rosa Luxembourg Strasse. Not overly pricey and really tasty.

If you're really into gin and fancy a cozy bar where they look at you funny if you ask them if they have anything other than gin but really welcoming if you want gin (and they're not full) then Gin Chilla down by Warschauerstrasse station was also a winner.

Techno baby.

• Like 1

Â