Gears of War 4 - Beta

wazzap24

Anyone had a go of this yet? 

After becoming pretty decent at Star Wars, I thought I'd give this a go and I'm getting my ass absolutely handed to me! 

Loved Gears on 360 - this is pretty decent. 

I had a go at it and I wasn't all that impressed as it just feels like same old Gears of War multiplayer, in fact the visuals of it look similar to that of Gears of War 3 on 360 which is several years old now. I am more interested in the single player side of it than the multiplayer, but while I wasn't super impressed by what I played of the beta I still had a bit of fun. 

Agreed, I was never a huge fan of the multiplayer in the old games, but the campaigns were amazing. 

The problem with the multiplayer games is, they are just a shotgun-fest. The lancer and hammer burst are woeful - takes about 50 hits to knock someone down! 

I put practically a whole clip in someone charging at me yesterday and blam, they got close enough and game over. Doesn't help that I am absolutely shite with the shotgun 

Hope they balance the weapons out a bit more and make the maps a bit bigger. 

Loved the previous 3 just for the co-op campaign. Lots of fun to play with a mate. One particular mate and I have completed the previous 3 together.

No XboxOne for me though so no chance of us doing this one too.

Â