"Stuck" reply text

Neil

Question

So in the reply box to one thread I accidentally clicked spoiler and now it's stuck there

On a PC I can select it and use the delete key...but the backshift key on android doesn't cut it.

Of course every time I go back to the thread the reply is stuck in the reply box?

8 answers to this question

It's answered in the thread about stuck quote boxes :)

Do what ever your android uses to select text - usually double tap (or long tap) on the spoiler box title itself (not in the box) and then you can use your keyboard's delete keystroke or tap cut.

I have this issue to. Once I have replied to a post in error I am locked into responding to that post on that thread. Using android 4.4.2 on a galaxy tablet I have tried selecting the title as suggested but my keyboard disappears so I can't delete the selection 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have this issue to. Once I have replied to a post in error I am locked into responding to that post on that thread. Using android 4.4.2 on a galaxy tablet I have tried selecting the title as suggested but my keyboard disappears so I can't delete the selection 

You need to select the box and use the cut option in the "cut, copy, paste" dialog which pops up (not the keyboard). I don't have a Samsung so I can't tell you exactly how it works on your phone. It works for me on all the Android devices I own (Sony, LG, HTC) so I'm confident it's possible on a Samsung.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

You need to select the box and use the cut option in the "cut, copy, paste" dialog which pops up (not the keyboard). I don't have a Samsung so I can't tell you exactly how it works on your phone. It works for me on all the Android devices I own (Sony, LG, HTC) so I'm confident it's possible on a Samsung.

The option for cut doesn't appear,  only copy for some reason. However I have got around it by deleting cache (now I have read the other thread on this) 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The option for cut doesn't appear,  only copy for some reason. However I have got around it by deleting cache (now I have read the other thread on this) 

For me this has changed in the last week, so something changed somewhere. Annoying.

On 01/05/2016 at 15:47, limpid said:

Still can't get it to delete quote boxes Simon. As demonstrated here. 

Sony Z5, Chrome. 

Same on any other android devices I own. Holding, double clicking, nothing will select the box and give me a cut option. 

Edit - before recently I could select the box, and only ever got the copy option too. Never cut. Not since the major update a year or so ago. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Th cut trick worked up until about a month ago. Nothing changed at the server end so it must have been a Chrome change

There really isn't anything I can do. I am able to delete it every time, but sometimes it takes a lot of random typing and deleting before it goes and when it goes it's always a surprise. There's a pattern to doing it which I can't determine.

I suspect it'll suddenly get fixed, but I'll raise it with the devs again.

• Like 1
Â