Baseball 2016

maqroll

On June 16, 2016 at 14:32, kurtsimonw said:

I wondered why the JBJ updates had stopped. ;)

12th HR last night, still hitting over .300. 

B)

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Jose to the Mets. Nice for sentimental reasons, but he is awful.

I stashed him on one of my teams, but I have Villar as my SS, so Reyes is gonna have to get chucked

• 2 weeks later...

It's the Sox @ Yankees to start off the second half and I'm finding myself in the uncomfortable position of being OK with the Yanks losing. I can't actively root against them, but I really want them to be sellers at the deadline and it seems the only way ownership will do that is if they're all but eliminated. So I really want the Yanks to lose as many ball games as possible over the next couple of weeks but I keep kind of hoping they win each single game. Can't really make sense of being a Yankee fan at the moment. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Cubs are looking like they're just destined to take it all. Squeeze play winner on a bunt laid down by Jon Lester who Maddon brought on as a pinch hitter! And this was after they came back from 6-0 down. Scary team right now with Chapman just joining.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I have to admit, I love Joe Maddon, wish we had him.

Me too (only I wish we had him, obviously). 

Thrilled the Yankees are sellers, though. Hope they do more today. 

Interesting last couple of weeks/days in the Bronx. Traded for some really interesting prospects, then Teixeira announces his retirement before the Yanks announce they're releasing Arod. Suddenly, being a Yankee fan is kind of fun again. 

Now, I've not been a big fan of neither Arod or Teix for a while. Arod for being, well, Arod, and Teix because I was sick to death of watching his dumb uppercut swinging strike outs on a balls in the dirt (and he endorsed Marco **** Rubio). But watching their respective press conferences was a little emotional. Teix in particular was really struggling, and he's really never done anything other than try his best for the team. I only discovered baseball and the Yankees in the mid 00's, so these guys have been almost ever present in my baseball consciousness. It'll be kind of weird not having them around anymore, no matter how happy I am about it. 

Â