Should Villa change their badge back to the round one?

NibblyPig

Which is your preferred badge?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred badge?

• The current shield ("Prepared")
    • The round one (used from 1970s to early 90s)
    • Other (specify)

Just wonderin' what other people think...

I suppose I should add pictures... but I'm bloody hopeless... I leave that for someone else to do...

If you're too young to remember the round badge... then, I hope you enjoy puberty

oh, I'm all for the round badge by the way... I was a little disappointed when they introduced the new shield... and I still prefer the round one now

Not the biggest issue on everyone's mind... just thought I'd see what other people thought

cheers

Ah the thought of the old round badge brings back great memories such as winning the old european cup,that badge looked like a proper club crest never liked the shield thing i would even let ellis stay alive just to get the old round badge back.

Shield every time for me (& i have many a shirt with the round one on!). The round logo was good at the time but looks particularly 70s-80s, if we had kept the shield with the scroll, i would possibly have been behind the move back to the round logo but since the revamping of the shield, i think it looks good. It fits in with everything the Villa designer does & at the end of the day it's the logo that we've had since the premiership (which is where most foreign fans probably started watching our league).

PS> If this debate is spurred on by Chelsea's new badge, it shouldn't be, IMHO Chelsea's new badge looks like a made up team logo (like Harchester United!

Nah, I didn't even know that Chelsea had a new badge...

I've been thinking about this poll for a while... since I saw the old badge on some website somewhere... then I ordered the away 1982 shirt... and it got me thinking...

it wasn't until I saw that avfc1982 felt the same way that I decided to put the poll up...

Bring back the round one, for me it's the definition of what Aston Villa is all about. The crest we've got at the moment looks tired and looks almost fake to me. It needs replacing. Chelsea's new badge is the old Villa badge, lets reclaim what is rightfuly ours.

Shield for me. I don't buy the traditionalist's view that the round one was the original badge. I do remember with fondness the round badge from the 80's (as worn by the European Cup winning team), but the current one resembles the emblem on the old Trinity stand.

Maybe someone will confirm when the round badge was introduced and why?

Ive voted to keep the current shield. Dont get me wrong I absolutely love the old round badge but thats just it - it looks 'old'. I think the new badge, is fresh and clean and is one of the better looking badges in the league.

Just me 2p :)

The round one looks cool and reminds me of better days at Villa Park, the crest we have now just looks a bit fake to me, it also looks nothing like the crest that used to sit on top of the old Trinity. If it did i wouldn't have any complaints.

It doesn’t matter if its round or in a crest; the most important thing to me is that the lion looks rampant; and shall we say manly? The lettering on the current is shite, really shite (Centaur small caps?); Better if it went back to a simple Sans Serif, or if we have to keep serif, make it Egyptian or something by super Brummie; John Baskerville. Also the club should never and I mean never skimp on the production of the crest; no shitty 4 colour process, a proper claret and a proper blue, and a proper off gold (looks like Kodak yellow). And dump the stripes behind the logo; its never works and our logo never works at small sizes

Fack yoooo Piggy! I started following Villa in the early 90's, im 21 and definitely not in puberty :wink:

How about showing us ignorant's some pictures of the early 70's badge....you old fart's :mrgreen:

Â