darrenm

Use this thread to discuss which tents you like, which camp sites are you favourites, which camping gear you have, tips and tricks, recommendations etc. Anything related to camping.

Personally, I think that if you have the weather and some beers, there's no better holiday.

• Like 1

I've just bought a Hi Gear Zenobia 6 elite from Go Outdoors for our family of 4. It's a vis-a-vis tunnel tent as I wanted a decent amount of living space in the middle. Got the deal with tent, carpet, footprint and porch for £350, although the porch was out of stock so they took the full price of that (£105) off the package price.

Decent looking tent
31768-100214164918301331578.jpg

We're going in August to Trawsdir near Barmouth. Anyone been?

We are big into it. I have 2 tents now, a Cabanon Aruba for long trips, its canvas, can't beat it, and a Outwell sun Valley 6 berth for short trips. We tend to split one year in France and another back in the UK. 

I think our favourite uk site is Fforest fields in Wales, Its perfect, near to LLandridod wells

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

I'm back at an amazing 'campsite' that I discovered two years ago, it's quite deep in the South Wales countryside about two km from a village called Aberdullais.

It's for wild camping as all the facilities are by the farmhouse but to get to a lot of the pitches you have to walk across a single track cargo railway and then about 100m along a winding path through the trees, down a hill. This part of the campsite is next to a fast-flowing river. And it's in woodland owned by the farmer.

My pitch is literally right by the river!

And surrounded by trees, I can't even see any other people's tents from here which is different from a 'normal' campsite. 

It's only £10 a night so cheaper than the vast majority of other campsites.

I've got a fire going in the firepit made from big stones. And at night it's lovely to fall asleep listening to the river.  : >

I highly recommend this special place immersed in nature, it's called Lone Wolf Campsite and it's on Google Maps with a website link and a phone number.

• Like 2

Â