Android Samsung Galaxy S4 <br\> Error

Rob182

Question

I'm using the mobile app on my S4, and every time I press 'return' or 'enter' (whatever you want to call it.. to go down a line!) I get a bit of coding. I've cleared cache and cookies, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. But it still happens. <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

(I've pressed 'enter' a few times). I use the 'SwiftKey' keyboard app on my phone, if that has anything to do with it? Help

None at all :(

Can you try using Google Keyboard (from the Play Store) just so that I know it's not just the keyboard? Once installed, you can change keyboard by going to "Language & Input" in the settings.

Are you certain that you are running the latest version of the app from the Play Store?

Okay, this is on Google keyboard<br />

<br />

Test<br />

<br />

Test

Nope, its not the keyboard then. Also, yeah I've definitely got the most updated version of the app :S

The only references to this I can find are for users with Galaxy S3 handset for whom it cleared with an app un-install / re-install.

If any other S4 owners have this issue in a reproducible form, please reply..

It seems that you are the only one. I don't know what to say. It's hard to see how a fault could impact just one user's phone unless it's a fault on the phone. Are you able to do a factory reset?

Not easily. I have no laptop at the moment so it's a pain to backup my photos/videos/music/docs etc. When I get my laptop back I'll have a go at doing that (though I've been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 months, so I may get back to you sometime in 2015).

Not easily. I have no laptop at the moment so it's a pain to backup my photos/videos/music/docs etc. When I get my laptop back I'll have a go at doing that (though I've been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 months, so I may get back to you sometime in 2015).

Dont forget you get 50 gigs of space from Dropbox if you register with the Samsung device. (I think you still get that at least) Then you can backup to that

The only thing we know has problems with the VT app is swiftkey. I suspect that completely removing swiftkey will remove the problem. Is it possible to backup your swiftkey settings to test this?

Â