Streaming music from phone to stereo

robojoel

Is there a way of doing this without buying a specifically compatiable stereo? I have a Harmon Kardon GO+PLAY II which I love and it has an ipod dock (My old ipod just died :(   ) and also a mini jack in so you can plug your phone directly in which is ok, but is there something that I can plug into either socket that will receive streaming from my phone (Android)? Been searching around but not sure what it would be called.

I don't know if this is what you mean, but if you have an aux connection at the back of your stereo then you can get a stereo connection cable which plugs into your stereo and the other end plugs into the phone socket of your phone, mp3 player or laptop, then you just set it to the aux setting and it should player whatever your phones playing through your stereo's speakers.

You can get the stereo connection cables I mention for as little as 2 pounds, obviously they aren't wireless but they might be a good little stop gap whilst researching someting a bit more advanced like those Chromecast things limpid mentions.

Edited by useless

Â