Football Broadcasting

Chap of Steel

Thought it would be interesting to make a thread about why some leagues aren't on TV etc.

I've always thought they should show some of the bigger Turkish matches on Sky, for instance, as I reckon they'd be a good watch.

Also it's a shame there doesn't seem to be any Eredivisie on TV. I watched a few games last season on ESPN and it was seemed a entertaining league. Wonder why they're not on anymore?

I imagine TV rights are the first obstacle. It's probably more effort than it's worth to pay the money and get the permission. I know that if I personally don't follow a given league I won't watch the match. I'm probably not alone and I'm a football fan. That it would be PSV/Ajax or Galatasaray/Fenerbahce wouldn't make a difference to me.

I'm with you on the Eredivisie. It's the one thing that I enjoyed on ESPN (especially the highlights show) that hasn't been picked up by BT. Russia too, maybe. Shame.

no shame in losing the Russian league. watched some games last year and they were atrocious. no entertainment or technical ability at all and these were the big games

I'm with you on the Eredivisie. It's the one thing that I enjoyed on ESPN (especially the highlights show) that hasn't been picked up by BT. Russia too, maybe. Shame.

no shame in losing the Russian league. watched some games last year and they were atrocious. no entertainment or technical ability at all and these were the big games

True enough. I need RPL for research purposes so it's been personally irritating to lose it.

Â