Ads covering over notifications

Shillzz

Question

OK i've had a browse through and can see no obvious thread that would already cover this issue.

Basically, every time I access the notifications panel (by clicking the button to the right of the email button), the top notification will get covered up by an advert. It's not a huge issue, but can be quite frustrating. 

15 answers to this question

As per the sticky at the top of the forum with the name "PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS FORUM", can you let me know the browser and OS you are using? Have you cleared cookies and cache? Have you tried another browser?

What is it an advert for? Does it change?

Thanks.

ive been coming on here for years but am met by a ad bar of some game scrolling down every thread with me. it is extremely annoying. it is a play stn game. i would consider finding another forum after a while if it carries on for too long...

ive been coming on here for years but am met by a ad bar of some game scrolling down every thread with me. it is extremely annoying. it is a play stn game. i would consider finding another forum after a while if it carries on for too long...

I unlikely it's coming from this site. Have you read the thread at the top of this forum called "PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS FORUM"? I need you to follow those steps and post the information requested or I can't help.

I suspect you've picked up some malware from somewhere. It's hard to advise further when I don't even know what browser or OS you are using.

I get the OP's problem.It's only the BetVictor advert that does it.

Windows Vista and Chrome by the way.

I get this too, but only when browsing the full site (as in not mobile version) on my phone. It is pretty annoying, but the mobile version is there if it's too much of a problem to handle.

Stevo, does it happen after clearing cookies and cache? Does it happen with another browser?

I see little point in me reading this forum if people won't follow the instructions in the post at the top. Every single question I have to ask the same things over and over. :(

Direct your anger to Shillz, he started the topic. I was just adding some info that I thought might be useful as the topic caught my eye. I hadn't bothered to check the other factors which is why I didn't put them.

Another browser: tried IE, can't even see the banner ad (not sure why) so don't know.

Cache: cleared it, seems to work. However I only ever notice it when I have a "like" so I'll check again when someone likes a post of mine.

• Like 1
Â