our consistency

TRO

Its been an issue for us for quite some time now and doesn't seem to be going away. Villa are very unpredictable, they beat teams they shouldn't and fail to beat teams they should...which leads me on to goals as the saying goes " all goals are good goals", but are they? really?

One of the most crucial elements in creating consistency is control. Controlling a game is essential to the likelihood of a win and goals are also the main criteria.

Goals are scored from roughly 3 scenario's- unforced errors from the opposition -forced errors( where we are credited in pressurising them in to mistakes) and sheer outright creativity from us.

The problem as I see it is we rely too much on unforced errors to score goals and if the opposition are on form or just have an abundance of quality our supply is put in to question.

For us to be in control, we need to force errors or just plainly create openings to subsequently improve our consistency, this is where our quality is in doubt as in my view we struggle to impose ourselves.

Edited by TRO

Its been an issue for us for quite some time now and doesn't seem to be going away. Villa are very unpredictable, they beat teams they shouldn't and fail to beat teams they should...which leads me on to goals as the saying goes " all goals are good goals", but are they? really?

One of the most crucial elements in creating consistency is control. Controlling a game is essential to the likelihood of a win and goals are also the main criteria.

Goals are scored from roughly 3 scenario's- unforced errors from the opposition -forced errors( where we are credited in pressurising them in to mistakes) and sheer outright creativity from us.

The problem as I see it is we rely too much on unforced errors to score goals and if the opposition are on form or just have an abundance of quality our supply is put in to question.

For us to be in control, we need to force errors or just plainly create openings to subsequently improve our consistency, this is where our quality is in doubt as in my view we struggle to impose ourselves.

Are we talking tennis or football  ;)

Are we talking tennis or football  ;)

....funny

Â