Sony Bravia KDL-46W905

bannedfromHandV

Have just bought this on the weekend, seems a stunner but I can't seem to get the picture quite right.

Has anyone else purchased one and if so, can you advise on the settings you have employed?

The picture just seems too 'warm' to me, everything seems a little bit red/orange, it's subtle and my wife doesn't seem to see what the heck I'm talking about but then she is a woman ;)

Overall though it is impressive, the picture quality seems great and it's got some great online features, only drawback I've found thus far is that I had used to connect my laptop to my old Sony Bravia via a VGA cable but there is no VGA port on the new Bravia - can you connect instead using a HDMi cable?

Physically it looks great, very thin border frame so the picture extends almost the full height and width of the set, mega thin in depth and a pretty nice stand and Sony branding (though the stand is metallic looking and so is reflective which is a little annoying).

Overall I'd give it a 9 out of 10, I wouldn't say there's much difference though in the picture quality in comparison with my previous Bravia which is now more than 3 or 4 years old.

Sony are currently running a promotion (even through a re-seller if bought in store) whereby if you buy the 9 series TV you get a 'free' Sony Xperia Z phone (worth between £400-£500) and if you buy an 8 series TV you get a 'free' Xperia L phone (worth nearer £250), this is as well as the 5 year warranty. You have to get forms in store and send off to a UK addres for the extended warranty and for the phone you need to gather various bits of info and send off to an address in France - I sent it off yesterday and will provide an update for anyone interested if and when it arrives.

It's a really good deal though for anyone considering purchasing a new TV and with a bit of spare cash, they're not cheap but given the free phone it's really not too bad, I paid £1549 from a re-seller in Bolton.

You can use HDMI, but vga carries the same signal as component, so you could get one of these leads.

As for screen set up, try this.

You sir are a gent and a scholar :)

But seriously thanks, could I do it with a HDMi cable too and if I did wouldn't that be better?

Sorry, I'm not a particularly tech savvie person as I'm sure you've fathomed already

hdmi ought to be easier as it carries video and audio signals. It's actually a digital version of the component output, so will be less degraded (in theory) on a longer cable. HDMI also carries the HDCP signal so you can play protected content.

Â