"Stock Issue" with new phone

Stevo985

Not really sure if this really counts as a tech issue, but it involves a new phone bought for my mother so I thought the tech forum was ok.

Background is myself and my sisters wanted to buy my mom a smartphone for her 60th. We decided on a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.

Didn't want to break the bank so found a great deal from these guys, WAEplus

Seemed reputable enough.

Anyway, everything was fine when we ordered. Said item was in stock, 5 working days delivery, based in birmingham so we hoped it might even be shorter.

Along came my mom's birthday and no phone (we'd ordered it 7 working days before)

Phoned them up, they said it was a stock issue and wouldn't be delivered until Wednesday this week. Still no sign today so they've been phoned again. Another stock issue, new delivery date of the 28th (cue a strong bollocking from us)

Obviously we're pretty pissed off.

It's my own fault for not researching them properly and realising they're a shit company (which subsequent googling has told me)

My instinct is to tell them to **** off, and cancel the order. But the googling revealed that many have tried this and struggled to get their money back. So I'm a bit reluctant, especially as my sister used her card as I was away when they ordered it.

What should I do? Suck it up and wait? And if so should I be trying to blag something out of them? The delivery fee to be waived at the very least?

Should I cancel and demand the money back?

Any legal mumbo jumbo I can spout at them (limpid, I'm looking at you ;) )?

d'oh

Internet shopping 101. Use a credit card whenever payments are over £100 as your contract is with the CC company, not the retailer and the CC company are liable for the failure to supply.

Â