Future of fighting games

villa4europe

Been confirmed that killer instinct will launch as a fee download with 1 character, the other characters have to be bought

on ps3 today tekken revolution has done the same, dead or alive 5 should be released with 4 characters next month

the reasoning behind it is apparently people only play as a select few characters, im actually the opposite, not a massive fighting game fan and not that good at them, so rather than getting enjoyment off learning every combo for one character I like getting half decent with lots of characters, this will pretty much kill off fighting games for me...

But they aren't making fighting games for people who would describe themselves as "not a massive fighting game fan" so you probably are going to have to suck it up. You can download the free game and spend £40 on characters if you want, just don't expect everybody else to do the same. Free to play will be a major part of console gaming on next gen and yes, we will see some pretty anti consumer moves on the back of it. 

yeah I know that, will be interesting to see if it comes in under £40 once you have bought all the characters, they've only confirmed 8 playable characters so far for tekken and I cant see any details of cost, KI hasn't released any info other than it being free and being 1 character to start with

I wanted to know what people who were huge fighting fans thought of it

Been confirmed that killer instinct will launch as a fee download with 1 character, the other characters have to be bought

So if you don't pony up for more characters, the game will resemble this?

fight-club-tumblr-5.gif

• Like 1

Â