Mini PC Advice

CVByrne

Ok I need a PC that can work with dual monitor setup and stream video while doing Spreadsheets / looking at other web pages.

I like the idea of these mico or mini PC's. I've no need for any big storage (i'd take a 60gb SSD), no need for any DVD drive. I basically need a Mac Mini but running Windows 7.

I could just use my Series 9 but the idea of this portable PC would be that it'd be simple to move rooms and hook up to the 1080p tv and them move it back to the desk for dual monitor setup.

I've had a look online but there seems to be loads of low end celeron or atom pc's and no cor i3 or i5 setups. Anyone know about these?

That looks much better if you can be arsed building it.

They build it and ship it. I might hold on till the end of summer before buying one. I'm moving apartment soon and want to see what room I'll have on desk etc..

Also it's purpose is for "work". Essentially to reduce the amount of time spent reviewing racing form etc.. so stream races/replays on one screen while reading race form on another. Time is money and the right setup can reduce wasted time on a laptop screen and improve productivity.

Think i've settled on this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-DC3217IYE-BGA1023-SO-DIMM-BOXDC3217IYE/dp/B0093LINVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1366037001&sr=1-1&keywords=intel+DC3217IYE

I'll buy 4gb RAM and a 128gb SSD for it.

Would there be much performance difference between 4 & 8gb RAM ??

Any suggestions for a reasonable ssd & ram to buy?

Edited by CVByrne

I think I'm gonna sit tight. I think the next version of this NUC or OEM versions using the new intel chipset but Haswell processors will come in a few months. I think the vast improvement in Graphics performance will mean I can play some older games with it which would be fun.

I only need it for Autumn when the Jumps racing season kicks off. But it's good to get a general idea in the mind so you know what to look out for.

Â