I think I am an idiot.. (Persona 4)

Dodgyknees

Great! You pretty much have to get P3 when you're done with that one, too. It's more of the same.

Playing that at the moment, and having really enjoyed Catherine aswell, has me salivating at the potential for a next gen Persona. It'd be huge, look fantastic, they'd tweak the gameplay again, and I'm willing to bet the result would be near enough the definitive console RPG.

I've been hunting for a copy of p3 preowned, hopefully will find one on my mainland trek next week :)

A next gen persona would be epic! I'd like it to be a little more open world, maybe slow the days down (by choice) and it'd be frickin amazing!

• 4 weeks later...

Get on it DK. Great game. I liked how much more personal the relationships with your team were compared to P4, cos they all live in a dorm together. Not sure how different FES and the PSP version are, though.

Really underrated game which sadly not a lot of people know about. Can't wait for Persona 5 which has apparently been in development since 2011. :D

?!

A mysterious voice rings in your head...

Thou shalt have our blessing when thou choosest to create a Persona of the Villa Talk Arcana...

You have established the Jonoridge91 Social Link of the Villa Talk Arcana!

Jonoridge91 seems to think of you as someone he can talk to...

However, you are still only friends.

• Like 1

Really underrated game which sadly not a lot of people know about. Can't wait for Persona 5 which has apparently been in development since 2011. :D

?!

A mysterious voice rings in your head...

Thou shalt have our blessing when thou choosest to create a Persona of the Villa Talk Arcana...

You have established the Jonoridge91 Social Link of the Villa Talk Arcana!

Jonoridge91 seems to think of you as someone he can talk to...

However, you are still only friends.

Ha! Brilliant :-D

Is this true about Persona 5 btw? 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Persona 3 fes today. 79 hours of pure joy.

Massively epic ending. You know how RPG end game bosses often have multiple forms? This one has thirteen. After that it's almost as if the game doesn't want to end. And the actual finale is great too. Now there's the bonus post-game story to play through as well!

Think I might even prefer it to P4...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, there I am playing my vita and I get an error, close it down and reboot and it is having memory card issues - the bloody thing had failed!

LUCKILY I have PS+ and regularly back-up to the cloud server!!!!

But this means I lost a few hours of P4 and have only just got the memory card back after 4 weeks without it, as soon as I can be bothered to put the saved games back on I shall finish the game..

(Saying that I have got WRC for the Vita and have been playing that, cracking game.)

• 4 weeks later...

Got the golden version of this.  How long before I get to something other than press X to get rid of another bit of text dialogue?  I've done nothing other than that for at least an hour, and it's a little tedious to say the least.

Edited by Risso

Biggest fault by far of the game is the first 90ish minutes, horribly slow with very little input from the player. The set up before being let loose is required, though.

I was fighting the shadow of the girl (Chie)  The analyser kept saying to hit her with wind, which I did, and the first time it caused a weakness.  But then it resisted it, and it seemed a bit of a lottery whether to attack it with other powers, or to guard.  I seemed to use a lot of medicine to win that fight.  I probbaly just haven't understood the system properly.

Got the hang of the combat system a lot better now.  Just completed the first dungeon, I have to say it was a bitrepetitive, ie 8 floors of exactly the same sorts of rooms and mobs.  Kept me up until 1am though!  I'm also not a huge fan of the day/weather system, I like to take my time in RPGs, and not be hurried into going into dungeons.  Not sure I've quite got the hang of fusing personas yet, but will read up on it.

Oh man, 8 floors is nothing, just you wait :lol: Regards to being rushed by the weather - I get what you mean. I played P4 first, and kind of just got on with it. Having now played P3 as well though, where you don't feel rushed to do the dungeons at all, I do prefer the system in P3. Well worth getting P3FES (or the PSP version I guess?) if you enjoy P4

Â